Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 02:48 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I had to google Peter Scully because I'd never heard of him. What a horrible man. He would even film videos of his attacks on children and sell them for up to $10,000. Possibly he's even more evil than Bernardo.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-...ppines/9868958
I don't rank them, I just put these monsters into the same category of subhuman trash that should be disposed of the day their guilty verdicts are read, with their last meals being a 12 gauge slug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 10:01 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qadeerkhan View Post
omg they ought to have executed him and Homolka
she is similarly as malicious if not more regrettable that he
Apparently she turned her life around, got married and had children. Does that mean that she was a victim, rehabilitated, fooled everyone? Regardless, isn't he designated dangerous offender regardless of whether she gets away with it?

Old 03-05-2019, 12:03 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
I had to google Peter Scully because I'd never heard of him. What a horrible man. He would even film videos of his attacks on children and sell them for up to $10,000. Possibly he's even more evil than Bernardo.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-...ppines/9868958
Scully: another story about someone who, like Paul Bernardo and his wife Karla, filmed the rape of children. What happened to Scully's accomplices? Were they also imprisoned for life?

Karla and Paul had several victims. Early victims lived because they were too drugged with quinine or other veterinarian drugs to remember anything. Karla screwed up when drugging her virgin sister for her future husband - resulting in Karla and Paul solidifying a union through their murder of her sister. Later victims were kept alive for days, tortured, murdered, chopped into pieces and left in concrete or other inconvenient places.

Apparently there was footage of the assaults on the school girls. Was the footage destroyed per families' request or was a record kept for Appeal consideration? Scully filmed, or participated in, the rape of an 18 month old child, Karla and Paul targeted teenage girls. Although one seems better than the other, none should be free to prey again.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:10 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
Quote:
Canada doesn't even have the death penalty so it's a moot point regarding Paul Bernardo.
they almost got him in prison...bunch of inmates rushed him and beat him up before broken up
broke his nose...too bad they broke it up

Old 03-05-2019, 03:37 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Scully: another story about someone who, like Paul Bernardo and his wife Karla, filmed the rape of children. What happened to Scully's accomplices? Were they also imprisoned for life?
I believe that two of Scully's female accomplices are in prison now, too. One of them, Liezyl Margallo was a fugitive for two years until she was found and arrested but that was in 2017 and I don't know the outcome of the trial, and couldn 't find out what her actual sentence was. Hope it was life.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:47 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
His wife should be right there with him.

Canadian authorities were mortified when they found tapes--after she accepted their "deal"-- documenting her role in these murders.

Old 03-07-2019, 12:23 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
they almost got him in prison...bunch of inmates rushed him and beat him up before broken up
broke his nose...too bad they broke it up
I thought he was in an isolated prison cell out of general population. But, anyway, yeah he deserved it.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:05 PM

774 posts, read 745,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
His wife should be right there with him.

Canadian authorities were mortified when they found tapes--after she accepted their "deal"-- documenting her role in these murders.

I thought most plea deals were contingent on the information being honest and true. I find it hard to believe that they couldn't negate the original plea agreement based on the additional evidence proving that she lied.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:11 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
The most casual of minor offenders have one thing in common with this guy - it FEELS normal when they pull off their acts. Later, when it is pointed out how "beyond the Pale" they are, they are horrified. Maybe.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:40 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
I thought most plea deals were contingent on the information being honest and true. I find it hard to believe that they couldn't negate the original plea agreement based on the additional evidence proving that she lied.
They chose to honor the deal. Plus Karla was no dummy and was able to manipulate the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime