Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 04:05 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post

I think they made the bond so high so she cant skip town . And where is smoochy new hubby ? are they going to arrest him too ? I think she had her brother killed too . that is who killed the first husband , the brother I mean .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 07:38 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,155,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think they made the bond so high so she cant skip town . And where is smoochy new hubby ? are they going to arrest him too ? I think she had her brother killed too . that is who killed the first husband , the brother I mean .
Yeah I think she's a flight risk. I'm kinda surprised she was charged with resisting arrest. She didn't seem to get upset when the reporters were hounding her. She'd just sweetly say no comment with a smile. I wonder if she was completely shocked and taken off guard that police would have the audacity to arrest a god of her stature, so she didn't have time to hide her true nature this time?

The retired FBI agent said in these cases it's often the male who breaks first. I wonder if part of the plan was to separate them to give Chad a chance to cool off and think about things. Judging by the photos of the 2 together, there's no way he's absconding without her. He'll trot right back to Idaho to be by her side.

If Chad was arrested, however, Lori'd be in the wind in 20 seconds. Just my opinion.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:26 AM

So apparently there will be a hearing on Kauai today for extradition. I wonder if Lori will fight it, or waive and go back to Idaho willingly?

My money is on her fighting it. I wonder how long it'll take to get her back to the mainland if she fights it?

Old 02-21-2020, 09:40 AM

Updated story with names of people involved. It names the person Lori told the police JJ was with during that first welfare check. Count IV of Lori's arrest warrant charges her with soliciting Melanie Gibb to lie. So it sounds like Melanie is cooperating with police.

Apparently the first person Alex Cox told police JJ was with was Kay Woodcock, the very person who reported him missing in the first place. Not smart!

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...-jj-were-seen/

Copy of the warrant is here.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...allow-daybell/

Old 02-21-2020, 10:33 AM

During one of the searches they found a prescription for JJs autism that was filled in January of 2019 and still had 17 pills. He didn't disappear till September of that year.

Anyone know anything about that type of med? This would look very suspicious if the meds were stopped about the time he disappeared, but these appear to have been withheld while he was still with her. Is that normal for autism meds? Are they only taken when there are symptoms, or are they to be taken on a regular basis? Maybe she stopped them about the same time she got rid of his therapy dog?

My holdout hope that they're still alive just diminished a little bit.

The police have said that the last time there's evidence of Tylee are photos and phone records of them at Yellowstone Park on Sept. 8. They can't find anyone to verify they've seen Tylee since that date. I wonder if that's where they think she is. JJ went to school for a couple weeks after that.

Last edited by LeeHoLee; 02-21-2020 at 10:45 AM..

Old 02-21-2020, 11:02 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Quote:
During one of the searches they found a prescription for JJs autism that was filled in January of 2019 and still had 17 pills. He didn't disappear till September of that year.

Anyone know anything about that type of med? This would look very suspicious if the meds were stopped about the time he disappeared, but these appear to have been withheld while he was still with her. Is that normal for autism meds? Are they only taken when there are symptoms, or are they to be taken on a regular basis? Maybe she stopped them about the same time she got rid of his therapy dog?

My holdout hope that they're still alive just diminished a little bit.

The police have said that the last time there's evidence of Tylee are photos and phone records of them at Yellowstone Park on Sept. 8. They can't find anyone to verify they've seen Tylee since that date. I wonder if that's where they think she is. JJ went to school for a couple weeks after that.

It would not surprise me if Tylee is buried in Yellowstone somewhere . I mean what better place ?, that would be the last place some would check ,would it not ? I don't think JJ is still alive either sadly . I hope both of them are still alive but really it has been all over the tv why would the girl not call her grandparents and tell them she is still alive . That is what leads me to believe that both of the kids are gone .

Old 02-21-2020, 11:36 AM

Finally got to the part of the warrant that names the meds they found. It's a sedative often prescribed to autistic patients. So it's not unusual that there are unused tablets, but it is unusual that the bottle isn't with JJ at all times.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:19 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
The Rexburg police released a report yesterday afternoon that details the arrest. the cops have quite a bit of evidence that the kids have not been seen since the first of September 2019.

Lori told some lies about the children's whereabouts that didn't check out. The evidence es enough to warrant the child desertion charge and the nonsupport charge. Those are both felonies and the most serious of the charges against Vallow right now.

It's obvious that the police held off arresting her too soon. They took their time, got the evidence and it probably went into a Grand Jury before any arrest warrant was issued. They had to have some felonies to raise the bail up to such a high level. The cops didn't want Daybell and Vallow skipping, as the pair showed they can disappear very fast.

$5 Million bond = $500,000 bail money up front. 10% to secure the bond, non-refundable. Chad Daybell has some money, as his books did quite well, but not that much. At least not that he could commit to a bail bond.

Nothing has been said at all about the kids being dead. If they are, the cops won't be dropping the ball and announcing it too soon. They have come under a lot of pressure from the community and a lot of criticism for moving slowly, but I think they did an outstanding job.

Lori Vallow Daybell is behind bars and cannot flee now, and that's where she'll stay, even if she tries to fight extradition back to Idaho. There's enough evidence now that Idaho can bring her back whether she defies the state or not.

And holding her was the most important thing once the Daybells were found. Lori can vanish at the drop of a hat. And from Hawaii, she could go anywhere and end up in a country we could not extradite her from. The cops handled this one very well.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...ybells-arrest/

Old 02-21-2020, 03:51 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Updated story with names of people involved. It names the person Lori told the police JJ was with during that first welfare check. Count IV of Lori's arrest warrant charges her with soliciting Melanie Gibb to lie. So it sounds like Melanie is cooperating with police.

Apparently the first person Alex Cox told police JJ was with was Kay Woodcock, the very person who reported him missing in the first place. Not smart!

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...-jj-were-seen/

Copy of the warrant is here.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/0...allow-daybell/
Thanks for keeping up on it. I've been reading everything you're posting

From your 1st link

Quote:
“RPD has learned that Lori Vallow used the website www.care.com to find a babysitter for (JJ),” court documents say. “We contacted this babysitter and she informed us that she watched (JJ) on the 19th of September … The babysitter understood that her employment was to be ongoing. The babysitter reports that on Sept. 24, 2019, she reached out to Lori Vallow, and Lori told her that (JJ) had gone to stay with his grandma for several weeks and that the babysitter’s services were no longer needed.”

“RPD has found no evidence or verification of anyone providing for the housing, food, clothing, education, or medical care of (JJ) since Sept. 24, 2019, and T.R. since Sept. 8, 2019,” the probable cause reads.

Old 02-21-2020, 04:35 PM

377 posts, read 381,992 times
Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell are going to walk on this case unless the police get a confession out of them. This is going to go exactly like the Casey Anthony case, which is a damn shame because these people are all guilty as sin.

The police's only hope is to find the best FBI interviewer they can find and hope one of them cracks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime