Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:36 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,103 times

Advertisements

VIENNA, Austria - Police have found a woman missing since 1984, who told authorities that her father had kept her in a cellar for almost 24 years and that she had given birth to at least six children after being repeatedly raped by him.

The 73-year-old father was taken into custody, said Franz Polzer, head of the Lower Austrian Bureau of Criminal Affairs, on Sunday.

canadaeast.com - Austrian woman says her father held her in cellar for 24 years

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 04-27-2008 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: copyright issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 08:11 PM

655 posts, read 2,182,517 times
I just read that article. It is sickening - he needs to spend the rest of his life in jail. [I also hope castration is legal in Austria.]

Old 04-27-2008, 09:04 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,451,103 times
Sickening indeed....the link above appears to not work anymore, perhaps this one will.

Newsvine - Police say Austrian man raped daughter, fathered 6 children

Old 04-27-2008, 09:16 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
This has to be one of the most shocking stories of cruelty I have ever heard. Its one thing that the Father was abusing her for so long but the Mother was complicit as well. What on earth is wrong with people?

Old 04-27-2008, 09:17 PM

^The article I read stated that the mother was blind to what was happening.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gv0928 View Post
^The article I read stated that the mother was blind to what was happening.
The article I read says the Mother AND the Father took her food in the basement. Besides what was the explanation of them raising her daughters 3 children, born AFTER the daughter dissappeared.

I don't buy this woman didn't know what was going on, I just don't buy it. Its time for society to start holding these women responsible when they turn a blind eye and allow their husband to abuse their children in order to keep the peace at home.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:18 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
The article I read says the Mother AND the Father took her food in the basement. Besides what was the explanation of them raising her daughters 3 children, born AFTER the daughter dissappeared.

I don't buy this woman didn't know what was going on, I just don't buy it. Its time for society to start holding these women responsible when they turn a blind eye and allow their husband to abuse their children in order to keep the peace at home.
I agree. It it wasn't enough that the U.S. has the El Dorado, TX nutcases who have been brainwashed to high heaven, now Austria has it's own nutcase who has done this to his own daughter. I also don't believe for a minute that the mother knew nothing. There is NO way in h*ll that she didn't know something about all of this. For one thing, we're to believe that she hasn't been outside of her house for 24 years either, she never noticed the weird back or side entrance to the house/cellar, the one that had a security door, etc.? I think that any of us that have lived a minimum of 24 + years in our own dwelling know the various doors, entrances, and what's in our basement. She never saw food going down, trash being brought up, kids being born, or how about kids making sounds? Truthfully, this is all very hard to believe.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

The AOL article said that the kids would 'appear' on their doorstep with notes from the daughter saying she could not care for them.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:28 AM

1,149 posts, read 5,633,862 times
The current case is the third of the kind to be revealed in Austria in recent years. The case is reminiscent of the captivity of Natalia Kampusch although it is even worse because of incest. In another case a mentally ill mother in Linz locked up her three daughters for seven years.

The Austrian chancellor Alfred Gusenbauer has announced the government is planning a PR campaign as the image of the country may have been tarnished abroad after the cellar scandal.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by internat View Post
The current case is the third of the kind to be revealed in Austria in recent years. The case is reminiscent of the captivity of Natalia Kampusch although it is even worse because of incest. In another case a mentally ill mother in Linz locked up her three daughters for seven years.

The Austrian chancellor Alfred Gusenbauer has announced the government is planning a PR campaign as the image of the country may have been tarnished abroad after the cellar scandal.
I had not been aware of the case with the Mother and the three daughters. I can't imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime