U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-25-2008, 11:26 PM

5,031 posts, read 8,194,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Written like someone unfamiliar with the law. Public urination is considered as sexual offense and anyone arrested for doing so must register as a sex offender. And the police arrest people on a regular basis for it.
Please provide documentation. I worked downtown for several years & saw men urinating in allies & sometimes not very discrete. Police drive right on by. If its a homeless person they may get arrested for indecency or more likely public intoxication. They don't even book the homeless men & release them the same day.

I've had to pull over near a park late at night or out in the hills to take a leak & can't imagine that I risk being arrested for a sexual offense.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 09:09 AM

28 posts, read 121,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Please provide documentation. I worked downtown for several years & saw men urinating in allies & sometimes not very discrete. Police drive right on by. If its a homeless person they may get arrested for indecency or more likely public intoxication. They don't even book the homeless men & release them the same day.

I've had to pull over near a park late at night or out in the hills to take a leak & can't imagine that I risk being arrested for a sexual offense.
That doesn't mean anything. There are areas where you can witness drug deals and public drunkenness frequently. That doesn't mean they're not illegal.

You doubt that people get arrested for public urination? Lets consult the last 2 weeks of stories in Google News:
public urination arrest - Google News

Old 06-26-2008, 09:19 AM

5,612 posts, read 9,672,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post

You can't seriously take that as proof that you can't be arrested. The police notoriously hate to do paperwork, which an arrest requires. And the urine smell is considered part of the ambiance of downtown. Try taking a leak in another part of town, like the Westside. I promise the police won't keep going. Whether you like it or not, believe it or not, every time you pull over to tinkle because you don't want to find a toilet, you risk arrest.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:31 AM

5,031 posts, read 8,194,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boingo82 View Post
That doesn't mean anything. There are areas where you can witness drug deals and public drunkenness frequently. That doesn't mean they're not illegal.

You doubt that people get arrested for public urination? Lets consult the last 2 weeks of stories in Google News:
public urination arrest - Google News
Yeah those arrests are for public intoxication & urination not sexual offenses. I understand that it is not a good idea to take a leak in public & would never do it downtown or even in residential areas [unless late at night & only in emergencies]. If I got arrested for peeing in some bushes I'd likely never do it again but that is a far cry from being prosecuted as a sex offender.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 PM

28 posts, read 121,365 times
The Explorer - The Voice of Marana, Oro Valley and Northwest Tucson > Archives > News > The digest
Quote:
N.H. makes public peeing a violation

Ringing in the New Year in New Hampshire by peeing in public could cost $1,000.

Gov. John Lynch signed a law this week adding a new section to the state’s public indecency statute making public urination or defecation a violation punishable by up to a $1,000 fine. It goes into effect on Jan. 1. To be guilty, the person would have to know the act would affront or alarm someone else.

The legislation was to correct a gap in the law. Currently, there is no state law specifically addressing public urination; it’s prosecuted under a patchwork of local and state laws, indecent exposure among them.

Because indecent exposure is a sex offense, multiple convictions could land habitual public urinators on a sex offender registry, a penalty lawmakers felt was too severe for the crime.
Lawmakers: Public urination shouldn't lead to sex offender status - EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

Quote:
KINGSTON - Starting next year, urinating in public could land you on the sex offender registry.
Nobody's Business: Florida Banishes Man for Public Urination
(the MSNBC article linked at this blog has since expired, but I saw it when it was still up)
Quote:
Juan Matamoros's full bladder is going to cost him. Twenty-one years ago, he had too much to drink, and was caught when he urinated on a street in Essex, Massachusetts. Matamoros was charged with "lewd and lascivious behavior" — which apparently got him classified as a sex offender. He currently lives in Deltona, Florida, with his wife and two young sons, but he's been ordered to pack up and move.

Deltona's ordinance, stricter than those of the state and neighboring cities, prohibits sex offenders and sexual predators from living within 2,500 feet of a school, bus stop, day-care center, park or playground. Matamoros lives on Brady Drive near three city parks, including Dewey Boster Park and a child-care facility.

The 49-year-old took the stand before Volusia County Judge Peter Marshall in DeLand on Monday to say he never molested anyone back in 1986, but just got drunk and urinated at the side of a car along a Massachusetts street when three people passed by and saw him. He requested he not have to move his two young sons to an area with a concentrated number of sex offenders.

Judge Marshall claims there's nothing he can do — the law is the law. He found Matamoros guilty without adjudication (the man's record does not contain a finding of guilt) and ordered him to move no later than July 1.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 48,327 times
Public urination does not necessarily constitute a sex crime. If a person does it to intentionally display their genitals with intention of shocking another person without the other person's permission...then yes, it is a sex offense. If a person pulls over to the side of the road and hides behind a bush, tree, their car or anything else and is not trying to be seen then this is hardly a sex crime and is worthy of a public indecency charge and a minor fine at best.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:42 PM

3 posts, read 48,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordsunspoken View Post
I have not read any mention of keeping an empty plastic container in your car and just sticking your penis in it to pee. How simple is that? Then, you are not in public, you are in your car.

Actually when you are in your car you are in public. You can be arrested for displaying your genitals in your car.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:01 PM

2,262 posts, read 4,549,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj2007 View Post
Well I'm sure if you're far out in the country you won't be seeing many cops anyway. I just think it's extremely disgusting if you do it in a populated area. I've been outside of the NYC area and I have never once used the bathroom out side of a rest room. Seriously in Southern California how far will you be from the nearest gas station. Just hold it!
Apparently you've never been pregnant!

"Just hold it." HAH!

Old 04-01-2010, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 22,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skreem2 View Post
This is a very curious piece of information. I wonder if I could entrap someone this way. Let's just say I don't like someone very much. I could go on a hiking trip with him, fill his bladder with coffee or soda, then whip out a camera when he dares to relieve himself "in public" (notice the quotes) and make a citizen's arrest resulting in a sexual offender status for this "pervert." Maybe I could follow up and report him when he doesn't register on time.

Entrapment is Illegal

Old 04-01-2010, 04:23 PM

10,500 posts, read 13,978,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakiryu View Post
Really? That's dumb, what if you're in the middle of a cornfield or something?
Chances are you wouldn't be in Los Angeles if you were in a Cornfield. I did live in Iowa for a few years and their were plenty of Cornfields and as far as I know you can **** all you want in Iowa.

I will say that it is hard to find a restroom downtown, the garment district for example unless you are a customer of the place that has the restroom. At one McDonalds there you need to have a current reciept to use the restroom and they have an employee that sits there and checks reciepts all day long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime