U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 06-28-2011, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Southern California
13,424 posts, read 6,371,301 times
Reputation: 30471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I recall a camping trip on the north rim of the Grand Canyon, and I contracted Montezuma's revenge, was feeling so ill I had to terminate my vacation and head for home and toilet. I was coming down I-15 into Vegas, just outside the city, when I realized that an explosion was imminent. I had no choice, I pulled to the side of the freeway and ran down the embankment just in time. When I got back to my car I realized exactly what an emergency it was. I had left my car wide open, keys in the ignition and wallet sitting on the dash! You just *KNOW* that one was an emergency!
First of all, I'm sorry that happened to you. That's a terrible feeling, especially when you're not near a restroom!

That story reminds me of the "Diarrhea Song" from the movie "Parenthood". Here's the video clip:


YouTube - ‪The Diarrhea Song Scene - Parenthood Movie (1989) - HD‬‏
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-28-2011, 06:15 PM
 
Location: West New York, NJ
60 posts, read 74,017 times
Reputation: 43
The "sex offender" label is getting out of control. I'm sure you know that if a minor commits murder his identity is protected from the public, because he is a minor. However, if a minor has to register as a sex offender, his name is public. How weird is that?

Murder? We protect your name. Pee in public? You register as a sex offender and everybody knows it.

It's crazy.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
10,899 posts, read 8,622,742 times
Reputation: 13861
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post

I will say that it is hard to find a restroom downtown, the garment district for example unless you are a customer of the place that has the restroom. At one McDonalds there you need to have a current reciept to use the restroom and they have an employee that sits there and checks reciepts all day long.
This is what has reduced my traveling, being older with frequent urination problems, comes on so quickly, gotta go, gotta go, and?

This happened to me in Philadelphia. Had to do go badly, so I ran into a Burger King, couldn't use the restroom withot purchasing something. Ok, fine!
But the line was so long, I knew, I knew I would never have made thru that line, buy something, and then make ito the restroom in time.

Oh, the pain and agony, what kind of a vacation is this!!!

For someone like myself, it can present a health hazard: dehydration. When I was in NYC last time I dared not sip anything, even from my water bottle, fearing I'd have to suddenly go and not get to a restroom quick enough! And I can only dream of stopping off at a bar and having a beer while traveling!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Southern California
13,424 posts, read 6,371,301 times
Reputation: 30471
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
This is what has reduced my traveling, being older with frequent urination problems, comes on so quickly, gotta go, gotta go, and?

This happened to me in Philadelphia. Had to do go badly, so I ran into a Burger King, couldn't use the restroom withot purchasing something. Ok, fine!
But the line was so long, I knew, I knew I would never have made thru that line, buy something, and then make ito the restroom in time.

Oh, the pain and agony, what kind of a vacation is this!!!

For someone like myself, it can present a health hazard: dehydration. When I was in NYC last time I dared not sip anything, even from my water bottle, fearing I'd have to suddenly go and not get to a restroom quick enough! And I can only dream of stopping off at a bar and having a beer while traveling!
I feel your pain. NYC is a VERY difficult place in which to find a public restroom (especially a clean one). That's one of the reasons I'm not inclined to do very much traveling, because the older I get, the harder it is to hold it until you can find a place to relieve yourself!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Southern California
13,424 posts, read 6,371,301 times
Reputation: 30471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
I recall a camping trip on the north rim of the Grand Canyon, and I contracted Montezuma's revenge, was feeling so ill I had to terminate my vacation and head for home and toilet. I was coming down I-15 into Vegas, just outside the city, when I realized that an explosion was imminent. I had no choice, I pulled to the side of the freeway and ran down the embankment just in time. When I got back to my car I realized exactly what an emergency it was. I had left my car wide open, keys in the ignition and wallet sitting on the dash! You just *KNOW* that one was an emergency!
Just wanted to add, you were VERY fortunate that your car wasn't stolen, along with your wallet!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Armsanta Sorad
4,780 posts, read 3,138,345 times
Reputation: 1793
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephPorterPitt View Post
The "sex offender" label is getting out of control. I'm sure you know that if a minor commits murder his identity is protected from the public, because he is a minor. However, if a minor has to register as a sex offender, his name is public. How weird is that?

Murder? We protect your name. Pee in public? You register as a sex offender and everybody knows it.

It's crazy.
It is getting out of control. It's all about money for the politicians.

If there's going to be a registration for sex offenders, then make registration for murderers, thieves, drug dealers, burglars, and any other kind of crook.

The laws and labels are definitely messed up. Only in America.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2011, 03:59 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,660 times
Reputation: 11
I recently ended up pishing myself badly because I just found discovered that all the public restrooms around downtown Santa Monica closed earlier, and its not like there are any real bushes to duck into over there. My lesson learned is to keep an empty water bottle with me, and just stick it down my pants if worst comes to worst.

Its funny how pissing your pants in public is legal, but covering your genitals and peeing behind a tree is not.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2011, 12:25 PM
 
477 posts, read 580,122 times
Reputation: 262
There is so much speculation here it is ridiculous.


If you urinate out of the sight of public with the intent of keeping your action private, you will not have to register as a sex offender. You will be issued a ticket or arrested and eventually recieve a charge of tresspassing or at worst, lewd conduct.

Seriously people. Anyone who has had to register as an s.o. for urinating must have gone to a playground, pulled it out and pee-d in a sandbox full of kids and yelled "hey kids, look at me now"

Or, most likely, you went to court trying to represent yourself and had a "Young, against the World, Prosecutor" that committed a much worse offense against you right in the court room.

The court accepts reasonable explainations for the action of public urination. All that is required is to show lack of public facilities, proper judgement, and discretion of the spot you chose. Intention and good judgement is key.

Going in your pants because your too scared go do it outside behind a wall or tree in an emergency situation is a sad state of being. It shows how fear has taken over society.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2011, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Earth
11,738 posts, read 12,304,500 times
Reputation: 3921
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
[font=Arial]It is getting out of control. It's all about money for the politicians.

If there's going to be a registration for sex offenders, then make registration for murderers, thieves, drug dealers, burglars, and any other kind of crook.
Or registration for gang members.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2011, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Armsanta Sorad
4,780 posts, read 3,138,345 times
Reputation: 1793
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Or registration for gang members.
That too.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top