U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-11-2008, 03:00 PM

11,263 posts, read 9,687,925 times

Advertisements

Caylee had two loving grand parents who have taken care of her. It's so sad. Wonder what new lies Casey Anthony will have? She makes me feel ill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 03:03 PM

35,000 posts, read 23,223,702 times
Here is a timeline -

Caylee Marie Anthony Disappearance Timeline - Central Florida News 13

I didnt know those parents' attorney had resigned.

Also here - Caylee Anthony - News Updates Only - No Discussion - Page 26 - Crime Library Message Boards

They're all crazy.... poor little girl.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:28 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,920,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Caylee had two loving grand parents who have taken care of her. It's so sad. Wonder what new lies Casey Anthony will have? She makes me feel ill.
I'm not sure I would call the grandparents loving- I don't live too far from where this is all happening and I know someone who worked with Casey's mother- she is apparently not a very nice person and the local buzz is that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

I do feel sorry for the grandfather- I think he is caught up in a horrible mess that his daughter created and his wife perpetuated. In the interviews with the authorities early on he was very honest while his wife lied and contradicted herself constantly.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:36 PM

2,599 posts, read 700,486 times
How? how could anyone, kill their own child? this is unfathomable. I just can't understand how a parent could murder, and get rid of their own flesh and blood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I haven't got all the details to this story yet, but it seems like this 2-year-old's mother removed her from the stable and loving home she had with her grandparents on June 9th and hasn't seen the child since. I've been watching this story on and off all day and it just keeps getting crazier.

I just wanted to share this because as a mother, this has left me completely horrified.

Caylee Anthony case: Police following leads in search for missing 2-year-old -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

MyFox Orlando | Search For Caylee Begins (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6998523&version=21&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1 - broken link)

Old 12-11-2008, 07:28 PM

2,041 posts, read 2,460,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I'm not sure I would call the grandparents loving- I don't live too far from where this is all happening and I know someone who worked with Casey's mother- she is apparently not a very nice person and the local buzz is that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

I do feel sorry for the grandfather- I think he is caught up in a horrible mess that his daughter created and his wife perpetuated. In the interviews with the authorities early on he was very honest while his wife lied and contradicted herself constantly.
I think that the grandmother may have something to do with or at least knew something about the disappearence along with Casey, but the grandfather seems like he is not trying to hide anything and had been upfront with the authorities. I don't know though, just making an observation from what I have seen on T.V.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:26 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 3,142,364 times
Casey is toast...

Old 12-12-2008, 06:03 AM

3,413 posts, read 5,920,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterGeek View Post
Casey is toast...
Hopefully burnt toast.

Florida's electric chair was retired because it set a couple of people on fire and earned the nickname "Old Sparky."

I believe it needs to be taken out of retirement for Casey Anthony.

Old 12-12-2008, 06:08 AM

8,740 posts, read 4,678,818 times
I'd make sure they install a rheostat on it first.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 AM

1,863 posts, read 2,175,292 times
Tonite, there's a special about this on 20/20.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:21 AM

12,157 posts, read 10,784,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
I think that the grandmother may have something to do with or at least knew something about the disappearence along with Casey, but the grandfather seems like he is not trying to hide anything and had been upfront with the authorities. I don't know though, just making an observation from what I have seen on T.V.
Yeah but he's changing his story too now. In the beginning he stated he knew the smell of decomposition and that it's a smell he'd never forget. On Larry King he started with the whole "it was the rotting pizza locked in the car for 18 days" story his wife has been pushing. What was creepy was how the wife was sitting up in her seat looking at him while he was talking. It's kind of sad because I believe that he wants to do the right thing but he feels the right thing is supporting his crazy wife and his lying daughter.

Either way their original statements about it "smelling like a dead body" are sure to be used by the prosecution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime