Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2008, 09:11 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,576,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Either way their original statements about it "smelling like a dead body" are sure to be used by the prosecution
For sure and they will be reamed about it on the witness stand. They have the dad on tape discussing Casey going nuts and throwing an f bomb over him opening the trunk. The thing I have never understood is how the parents wern't checking up on what job she had and where Caylee went during the day. It seems really weird to me. I love the part where Casey kept saying she thought Caylee was close to home. These sociopaths often give these little clues, yet they believe they are so smart, and will never admit their evil deeds. I'm sure the moms book will be coming out soon detailing what a wonderful girl Casey was and how this whole thing is a set up...Zani left the bag to incriminate Casey.

Last edited by gold*dust1; 12-12-2008 at 09:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 11:02 AM

Oh boy, Linda Baden, Dr. Baden's wife is on the defense team. They are being shown on Tru Tv fighting to get in on the autopsy. It's nauseating to me how these leading talking heads....Baden, Lee, etc. get in on these cases and funny how they always give the same story. The Anthony's could never afford these high priced people. These "experts" do this to make a name for themselves, which they have. That Lee guy really gets on my last nerve...his story is always the same no matter the case. I can already predict what the defense will be.

Cindy and George will be on Larry King again tonight. Larry is getting on my nerves as well. He needs to ask more hard questions or what is the point? After all the state of Florida feels they have a strong case. He needs to quit babying these folks IMO and quit giving these parents publicity to potentially raise money for a lost cause.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:09 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Oh boy, Linda Baden, Dr. Baden's wife is on the defense team. They are being shown on Tru Tv fighting to get in on the autopsy. It's nauseating to me how these leading talking heads....Baden, Lee, etc. get in on these cases and funny how they always give the same story. The Anthony's could never afford these high priced people. These "experts" do this to make a name for themselves, which they have. That Lee guy really gets on my last nerve...his story is always the same no matter the case. I can already predict what the defense will be.

Cindy and George will be on Larry King again tonight. Larry is getting on my nerves as well. He needs to ask more hard questions or what is the point? After all the state of Florida feels they have a strong case. He needs to quit babying these folks IMO and quit giving these parents publicity to potentially raise money for a lost cause.
Yes, the State of FL's case is even stronger now. I wonder how they will find jurors that believe they can be objective. I've certainly heard enough to render a verdict.
She killed her child and hid her body. I don't think she is insane. That's about all there is to say.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:15 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
I think that the grandmother may have something to do with or at least knew something about the disappearence along with Casey, but the grandfather seems like he is not trying to hide anything and had been upfront with the authorities. I don't know though, just making an observation from what I have seen on T.V.
Both of the grandparents seem to be in denial, understandably. I'm certain they feel some responsibility for whatever led to this tragedy.

The grandfather sounds conflicted. He has been cooperative but perhaps wonders if he should have done much more?

Old 12-12-2008, 01:40 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,814,268 times
Here's some background for some of you who are not local to this area:

The grandfather, George Anthony used to be a COP, so he knows very well what a rotting human corpse smells like.

The grandmother, Cindy Anthony is a nurse. And I'm sure in her profession she can identify the difference between rotting food and a corpse.

Also, this couple was on the verge of a divorce before all this happened with Caylee. I wonder if grandpa is being manipulated.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:45 PM

631 posts, read 1,879,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post

The grandfather, George Anthony used to be a COP, so he knows very well what a rotting human corpse smells like.

The grandmother, Cindy Anthony is a nurse. And I'm sure in her profession she can identify the difference between rotting food and a corpse.

Also, this couple was on the verge of a divorce before all this happened with Caylee. I wonder if grandpa is being manipulated.

I knew Cindy was a nurse but I had never heard that George was a cop before. That's interesting. To me the entire family is suspect and I agree that Cindy seems just as mentally unstable as her daughter. There is something about the look in both of those womens' eyes that makes my skin crawl. Its just a shame that either of them were ever allowed to have children.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:57 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,039,277 times
Quote:

I didnt know that. A cop and a nurse...you'd think they would have recognized deep problems with the daughter long before this... or maybe this is the culmination of strange psychological family games-playing ...maybe they're all "just" in denial as many suggest.... poor family, and that poor baby.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Yes, the State of FL's case is even stronger now. I wonder how they will find jurors that believe they can be objective. I've certainly heard enough to render a verdict.
She killed her child and hid her body. I don't think she is insane. That's about all there is to say.
Well, I guess you can only coddle a cold blooded criminal so much. They will probably move the trial out of Orlando, and Vor Dire will take care of weeding out any jurors with any other motive than being impartial. Criminals beware if you can't do the time, don't do the crime, but this one is a slam dunk IMO!

Old 12-12-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:

All very interesting and when the mom stated there was what smelled like a "damn dead body" in the car she certainly sounded like that's what she thought. They always go by what someone first said and how they said it. Really they have so much evidence it won't matter.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:38 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,321,667 times
In cases like this, I always wonder who's responsible for all the money spent for searches, security for the family, etc. What happens to all the money people sent to help for her search?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime