Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,909,081 times

Advertisements

The minute they find out that the remains are Caylee's, the mother will be looking to make a deal. Hopefully they tell her to go to hell and offer no plea deal.

What kinda coin have local authorities blown through searching for this child?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 10:22 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,580,255 times
The Anthony's have 2 Yorkies, and I thought I heard on NG, the girlfriend had been letting them out since they were in CA doing LK.

Did you all hear George and Cindy are staying at the Ritz Carlton tonight? Mighty fancy...I guess they have celebrity status now

Last edited by gold*dust1; 12-12-2008 at 10:32 PM..

Old 12-12-2008, 10:25 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,580,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
The minute they find out that the remains are Caylee's, the mother will be looking to make a deal. Hopefully they tell her to go to hell and offer no plea deal.

Personally I don't think so. She is going to play this "I'm innocent" game to the very end, just like SP did. With all the high priced help being lined up for her, and her little pea brain, she is bound to think getting off is a no brainer. Surprise, surprise Casey get used to that cell.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:25 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,819,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
The Anthony's have 2 Yorkies, and I thought I heard on NG, the girlfriend had been letting them out since they were in CA doing LK.

Did you all hear George and Cindy are staying at the Ritz Carlton tonight? Mighty fancy...I guess they have celebrity status now

I've had local news on all morning- this is the first time I've even seen those dogs- they showed the Anthonys climbing into an SUV last night with them. And they supposedly left the house again to stay elsewhere.

And I too am stunned that they are at the Ritz- there are dozens of "normal" hotels throughout Orlando that are not $400+ per night. They can use the "security" excuse but there are other hotels that offer the same kind of security as the Ritz.

I do have some sympathy for the grandparents but I don't like the exploitation I continue to see.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:54 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,496,511 times
There a lot of incidents like this happen what makes this little girl so special to end up on constant rotation on the news?

Old 12-13-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
There a lot of incidents like this happen what makes this little girl so special to end up on constant rotation on the news?
Well here where I live it's a local story.

But Nationally, it's just horrifying. Kind of like Susan Smith who drove her kids into a lake and Andrea whatever her name is who murdered her five children.

It's not natural and Casey has only shown guilt and impeded the investigation with lies about everything from who the child's babysitter was to where she dropped her off to be babysat to where she worked.

And I don't know if this hit national news, but the woman she claimed was the babysitter- Zenaida Gonzalez- is a real person but was able to prove that she never lived where Casey claimed she did and was also able to prove that she did not know Casey or Caylee. The way Casey found her name is because this woman visited an apt. complex leasing office to look at apts and one of Casey's friends worked there----------

This is movie of the week material, nothing you would ever expect in real life.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:03 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,420,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post

They've already made a deal...no death penalty. She'll get life without parole. The state needs to spend the extra dollars and give her the electric chair with a dry sponge!

Old 12-13-2008, 09:09 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,333,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
And I don't know if this hit national news, but the woman she claimed was the babysitter- Zenaida Gonzalez- is a real person but was able to prove that she never lived where Casey claimed she did and was also able to prove that she did not know Casey or Caylee. The way Casey found her name is because this woman visited an apt. complex leasing office to look at apts and one of Casey's friends worked there----------

This is movie of the week material, nothing you would ever expect in real life.
When I heard that I was in shock. To me that shows premeditation - why else would she remember her name? I've been to several place's where I overhead another customer's name or they're phone number/address - I don't file that information away for my own personal use.

Even if this body turns up not to be Caylee; Casey will probably still end up with life in prison. If nothing else sticks - she'll be found guilty on the charge of lying to the police. What got me was how extreme she was with her lying - taking them all the way to Universal knowing that she didn't work there.

I wonder if she knew deep down she wasn't going to get away with murder and has just been setting herself up to plead insanity because her actions definitely don't seem like those of a sane person to me.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:05 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,429,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
When I heard that I was in shock. To me that shows premeditation - why else would she remember her name? I've been to several place's where I overhead another customer's name or they're phone number/address - I don't file that information away for my own personal use.

Even if this body turns up not to be Caylee; Casey will probably still end up with life in prison. If nothing else sticks - she'll be found guilty on the charge of lying to the police. What got me was how extreme she was with her lying - taking them all the way to Universal knowing that she didn't work there.

I wonder if she knew deep down she wasn't going to get away with murder and has just been setting herself up to plead insanity because her actions definitely don't seem like those of a sane person to me.
I suppose she has some sort of psychological disorder--something similar to the disorders of Susan Smith and the Texas woman who killed all of her children. At any rate it seems she will have a 'Dream Team' of defense attorneys--although it seems very certain that Casey killed her child.

Blech.

Some reporters have theorized that the defense may try to say that someone else killed the child and buried it near the Anthony's to frame Casey.

Meanwhile the State seems to be collecting evidence to link to the body.

I don't know how they will find objective jurors.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:30 AM

Someone on tv last night said Antisocial Personality Disorder- or something similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime