Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:13 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,309,039 times

Advertisements

I haven't got all the details to this story yet, but it seems like this 2-year-old's mother removed her from the stable and loving home she had with her grandparents on June 9th and hasn't seen the child since. I've been watching this story on and off all day and it just keeps getting crazier.

I just wanted to share this because as a mother, this has left me completely horrified.

Quote:
An Orange County judge denied Casey Anthony bond this morning, saying she showed "no regret or concern for her actions" following the disappearance of her daughter
Caylee Anthony case: Police following leads in search for missing 2-year-old -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Quote:
Casey's 2-year-old daughter Caylee went missing on June 9th. However, Casey didn't report the child missing. She told deputies that she dropped off Caylee to a friend, who is also a babysitter. But she lost contact with that babysitter. Investigators don't know for sure if Casey is lying about the babysitter or if that person even exists, so they are continuing to try and locate her.
MyFox Orlando | Search For Caylee Begins (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6998523&version=21&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 10:52 PM

5,287 posts, read 4,347,889 times
I saw this too. The look on the mother's face is just short of crazy. She has that air about her that "nothing can happen to me" look.
Imagine, not calling the police because she was doing her own investigation. I sure believe that.
My prayers go out to Caylee and her grandparents. I hope mom did something stupid like give away, or sell, Caylee. Perhaps then there will still be chance that she will be found alive and well.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:55 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,326,488 times
Last time I heard about this story, they found who she said was the babysitter and this person said she hadn't seen the child for like 5 months.
The mother led them to an apartment that no one had lived in for months.

She also led them to Universal to speak with her employer and then after they were there admitted she had been fired by them.

I fear this child is dead. I hate to be so grim but I can't see any other reason for the Mother to be acting like this. I will never understand why someone who doesn't want to be saddled with a child doesn't give that child up. Can you guess at how many people would line up to have adopted that child??

Old 07-17-2008, 11:16 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,815,852 times
Yet another Trenton.

Florida's just a bad place these days it seems.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:35 AM

8,274 posts, read 12,805,922 times
Time will tell. I bet there are 2 sides to this story. when it is no longer sensational the truth will come out.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Time will tell. I bet there are 2 sides to this story. when it is no longer sensational the truth will come out.
Yea, we said that about Trenton as well and how much later is it and his body hasn't even been found??

There are always two sides to a story but the upshot is that the child is still missing. It kind of doesn't matter what led up to that, the child is missing and wasn't reported as missing for 4-5 weeks. Either the MOther is a nutcase or she was involved in some way.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:20 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,087,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Yea, we said that about Trenton as well and how much later is it and his body hasn't even been found??

There are always two sides to a story but the upshot is that the child is still missing. It kind of doesn't matter what led up to that, the child is missing and wasn't reported as missing for 4-5 weeks. Either the MOther is a nutcase or she was involved in some way.
I believe the mother is a nutcase and is totally involved. I fear the child is dead.

Old 07-18-2008, 01:25 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,309,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I believe the mother is a nutcase and is totally involved. I fear the child is dead.
I think the mother is involved too. Either she’s crazy and really doesn’t know what she did with her child, or she knows the child is dead and is trying to avoid being sent to prison.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I think the mother is involved too. Either she’s crazy and really doesn’t know what she did with her child, or she knows the child is dead and is trying to avoid being sent to prison.
Yea, I think thats exactly the case.

I find it interesting that the last time I heard, the Father of the child had not come forward. It would make one assume that the Father is NOT on the birth certificate.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:45 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,655,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Keep her in jail until she tells where the kid is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime