Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:36 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post

The media has already almost driven one family member to suicide.

The media didn't drive that poor man to almost suicide.

His daughter, his guilty conscience, and his inability to accept the truth is what lead him there.

Until they all start being HONEST with themselves about what happened and how it happened, there will continue to be turmoil and sickness surrounding the family.

They need to heal, but anyone who has grieved knows you have to face REALITY in order to mourn and find peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
The media didn't drive that poor man to almost suicide.

His daughter, his guilty conscience, and his inability to accept the truth is what lead him there.

Until they all start being HONEST with themselves about what happened and how it happened, there will continue to be turmoil and sickness surrounding the family.

They need to heal, but anyone who has grieved knows you have to face REALITY in order to mourn and find peace.

Tell me...what is he guilty of? Believing in his daughter? Not wanting to believe that his daughter was capable of killing her own child? Standing by her?
I don't take any of the blame away from Casey but the only her father has been guilty of is loving his family.

Unless you can prove without a doubt that Lee Anthony did ANYTHING then leave the blame where it belongs.....on Casey.

The media has hounded this poor family since day one. One day they even reported on what they bought at the store.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:02 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,230 times
I feel for the family but with that said they are a dysfuctional family. Because they are Cassie family they know if she could do this and why they know that. They lived with her they know her history before and after this child was born. I believe the Grandfather couldn't deal with what he feels and knows. They of course llove their child but they will have to come to terms with what she did. I hope she will go to prision for the rest of her life , heck I hope she get the death penalty. I agree with what someone said they will need in some way except this. The child was killed she didn't die of Cancer she didn't have to die. How can you live with this lie if you can't say it out loud My daughter killed my Granddaughter. They can still love Cassie and try and forgive and understand but I don't know how you can move forward without admitting that.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:51 PM

831 posts, read 2,437,520 times
Wasn't the mother (grandmother) the one who phoned the police and implicated her daughter. She stated the car smelled like a dead body had been in it. I feel bad for the father I believe he is just an innocent victim and stuck in the middle.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:55 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
Tell me...what is he guilty of? Believing in his daughter? Not wanting to believe that his daughter was capable of killing her own child? Standing by her?
I don't take any of the blame away from Casey but the only her father has been guilty of is loving his family.
We all want to believe our children would never harm a fly, but NOT at the expense of a grandchilds safey and well being.

Guilty for knowing deep down she was a negligient mother and covering for her much like Cindy did. For being an enabler and being codependent. There is a tremendous amount of guilt that he now feels BECAUSe of Casey's actions.

I think he loved that little girl so much and he questions things like why didnt he open the trunk to see what was in the car? Why didn't they take custody of Caylee like they knew they needed to?
I blame his daughter for putting ALL of them in this really crappy position.

Quote:
Unless you can prove without a doubt that Lee Anthony did ANYTHING then leave the blame where it belongs.....on Casey.
Who is talking about Lee? I think the whole family is sufferring but they are also making it worse on themselves because they are in denial (at least publically).

The media DIDN"T KILL CAYLEE. That is where this ALL Started.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:36 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,179,793 times
As a mother of a daughter who got pregnant at a young age, I will say there is only so much you can do as a grandparent to intervene. Luckily, my daughter seems to be doing very well, but I won't say we don't seriously disagree from time to time. I would love to see her live with me, go to college and let me be the boss.....but that isn't how things are or should be. SHE is the mom of this child....not me.

So, I can't really cast any stones at these people because it seems they have always been supportive and loving. I can't imagine the immense pain they have been through....not only in losing a grandbaby, but also their daughter. Some of what we read is just media garbage....these are real people stuck in a horrible life.

I think Cindy Anthony wanted the son to move in to help with the emotional turmoil and depression her husband is going through.

Here is the local newspaper story:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic...LB004332.topic

We had one person at work who took off to go to the ceremony at the Baptist Church. I'll find out tomorrow how it went. What I thought was odd is that Casey was actually allowed to have a say as to how this ceremony and burial went. She even made negative statements about how her parents arranged it. I personally feel she lost all those rights when she murdered her child.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:48 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,627,520 times
Quote:
Well, insisting your 19 yr old HAVE the baby when she gets knocked up even though she didn't want to keep it speaks volumes as to who decides what.

Casey was not Born wicked, she became wicked, and they may not have MADE her that way, but they did NOTHING to prevent her from developing the way she did.
They covered for her up untill the day Caylee was KILLED by insisting the grandparents not have her arrested for stealing Grandpa;s money. Imagine all the lying they did on her behalf not only to others, but to themselves all these years. That was not helping her, it was ruining her chances of being a normal person.
They continue to cover for her and these repeated behaviors helped shaped the person Casey turned out to be.

That is NOT helping your child become a good citizens, but enabling and allowing them to get away with things.

We give our children, teens, and young adults boundaries because it is OUR JOB to teach them RIGHT from WRONG, not to show them how they can GET AWAY WITH IT. AS parents, we don't look away when our children are doing wrong and pretend it isn't happening and then make up stories to cover for them when other people question what is going on. You are creating something you will not be able to control if you allow your child that kind of power within the household.
Ultimately it is her parents fault.

Her parents are at fault just as much as she is for setting a pisspoor example of how to be an adult. Allowing her to get away with what she did. All kids will push the envelope and it is your job as a parent to push back and set LIMITS.
I won't argue with you at ALL, and I really wasn't saying that about this specific case, it was more in general than anything.

I think she is a total "Cee You Next Tuesday", and her parents (if you can call them that) are just as bad.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:56 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,101 times
I hope that if one lesson that can be learned here is that Grandparents, if you know something bad is going on, please intervene. So many times they feel it is not their place or they want to protect their child which is totally natural but sometimes there are lives at stake and sometimes you just have to butt in. I won't go into details but I will say that my Grandma, and my Grandfather when he was alive, both have said that one of their biggest regrets in life was not intervening when I was in need. I ended up in foster care and it was years before I could even speak to them. Rather than minding their own business as my Grandma said at the time, they both wish they had stepped in and done the right thing. Again, current and future Grandparent, please learn from this.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:43 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Quote:
Who is talking about Lee? I think the whole family is sufferring but they are also making it worse on themselves because they are in denial (at least publically).

The media DIDN"T KILL CAYLEE. That is where this ALL Started.
Lee was the only one in the family that attempted suicide so I ASSUMED you knew who I was talking about. My bad.

and where did I say the media killed Caylee? Nowhere did ANYONE say that.

The post right above this says it all. Listen to your gut and not your heart.

But keep in mind just a child has a bad parent, doesn't mean that parent would kill their child.

THAT'S why I think the media should leave the grandparents alone.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:35 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,302 times
Quote:
Lee was the only one in the family that attempted suicide so I ASSUMED you knew who I was talking about. My bad.

and where did I say the media killed Caylee? Nowhere did ANYONE say that.

The post right above this says it all. Listen to your gut and not your heart.

But keep in mind just a child has a bad parent, doesn't mean that parent would kill their child.

THAT'S why I think the media should leave the grandparents alone.
It was George who attempted suicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime