Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 06:02 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,019,525 times

Advertisements

Yep I still say the babysitter /g/f whatever they are calling her now still had something to do with it . I mean everytime I see her on tv I want to strangle her and shake her and tell her to tell them where the heck is that little girl . first off she is only 17 and still a child in some peoples eyes . That also tells me that maybe the father does not have much sense either being with a 17 yr old . I definately think the kids would be better off with either the grandma and grandpa because they actually spoke like they had some sense . The grandpa even said something stinks here were his words so I wonder if he even believes the 17 yr old ? this whole story smacks of deception and frankly I am tired of hearing that 17 yr old lie and lie about things . I hope they catch whoever is responsible for this and lock them away for the rest of their natural life .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 06:50 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,619,821 times
Nancy did bring up a good point last night. If you dressed your children for bed, you'd remember what they were wearing. The girlfriend could not describe to the 911 operator what the missing child was wearing.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 AM

516 posts, read 1,961,307 times
Something is just so suspicious with this whole situation. I don't believe the girlfriend's story for a second.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,019,525 times
Zonababe I mentioned this in an earlier post too . I know what my kids were wearing when they went to bed so that is crap that she does not remember !! and shwa I so agree with you as well.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:32 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,533,660 times
I heard there was a tip that the girlfriend wasn't home the whole night when the child was taken. It was a tip and that could be true, but I think in this situation there is some not getting a long amoung the players so it could be just that. Also I would also think you would know what the child was wearing when she went to bed. My kids gets there PJ'S on but I see them after that and even if they get them on and go right to bed I still say goodnight. If she was sleeping in the same room as the 17 year old she never looked over at her. I found it interesting last night I think Nancy had on a pastor that use to live in the house. He said he doesn't know how anyone could have come into the back door and you don't hear them. I lived in a Modular home which is what this home was like. It had a back and front door. The floors are sweaky. I do think it is wise to not focuss on what any child is wearing if they are taken because clothes can be changed, hair cut or even colored. I would look at the childs face or other things.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:30 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,496,074 times
To not even be able to have any idea what the girl was wearing?

That alone brings tears to my eyes.

No child deserves this sort of life.

But, as much as we can assume the g/f had something to do with the dissapearance, she is #1) not of very sound mind & has a very low iq #2) obviously comes from a very hard life herself & thus it's cylical

All parents generally have SOME idea as to what their child is wearing. BUt for police to say they have no idea what she was wearing? That's heartbreaking.

No 5yr old deserves this sort of life.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:15 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,533,660 times
I also heard last night the child has a medical condition

Old 02-18-2009, 11:25 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,540,749 times
Did anyone see the interview with the bio mom? They were asking questions about the little girl...Like about her being sick, or being at school and the bio mom had no idea about the daily events in her life. She had no idea how many days she had been sick from school. She obviously is not that involved nor cares to be. So sad...and I agree about the 17 year old. Something is not right. She has changed her story about where exactly she was sleeping. Now she might not have been there at all...She is not being honest...and that usually indicates guilt...of some kind.

I have also heard that the pink shirt Haleigh had on was found by police. They are not saying where they found it...So it is unclear if they found it in the house, or in the yard or at someone elses house...they are not saying nothing. But I wonder...

Old 02-18-2009, 11:43 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,496,074 times
Did the dad have complete custody?

The bio mom seems very removed.

The g/f looks like she is scared she is in trouble.

I am wondering if they are just preconditioned to appear so removed due to what appears to be very rough lives?

The only one who looks like he is so unaware of what the heck is going on is the dad. It would be awful if he was hiding something in order for the g/f not to get into trouble...but for some reason, I am not picking up on that from him...

I get the news in the early, early am when at the gym so tomm morning I just hope they have something new. This family deserves peace & the girl, if she is indeed dead, deserves a proper burial.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:52 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,540,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Did the dad have complete custody?

The bio mom seems very removed.

The g/f looks like she is scared she is in trouble.

I am wondering if they are just preconditioned to appear so removed due to what appears to be very rough lives?

The only one who looks like he is so unaware of what the heck is going on is the dad. It would be awful if he was hiding something in order for the g/f not to get into trouble...but for some reason, I am not picking up on that from him...

I get the news in the early, early am when at the gym so tomm morning I just hope they have something new. This family deserves peace & the girl, if she is indeed dead, deserves a proper burial.
I am not sure if the dad had 100% custody...It kind of sounded that way because the bio mom really had no idea about Haleigh's daily life. But maybe that is the way it was... Maybe they shared her and her mom was just uncaring...Weird...just weird.

I heard John Walsh say once...If a child is not found with in the first 2 days after they have gone missing, it is a 95% chance they are dead. I hope she is in that small 5%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime