Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Well I think Misty and Ron have a lot to confess to but I 'm not sure they hurt this child. I think the secrets they have did.
Maybe so.
If a sexual predator didn't kill her then what--did they 'sell' the child, did a member of drug 'gang' take the child. What are we supposed to think?

Every time I see/hear the discussions on 'legalizing marijuana' I think about all the problems connected to this. And really even if we passed more laws and designated more funding to law enforcement to enforce such laws things like this would still happen.

Just don't appear on national TV crying about it. Chilling.

I never want the US to adopt the type of legal system found in Thailand or the Middle East or other parts of the globe but honestly this sort of thing is unexcusable and the death penalty sounds justified.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 03-26-2009 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 02:02 PM

1,227 posts, read 2,063,577 times
What I've heard is that she may have been gone from the house that night to be with an African American boy, so she may be hiding something because of infidelity. Apparently Ron knows about this boy and even said he married Misty because it's his last connection to Haleigh and will stay with her until Haleigh returns??? It's really messed up.

I don't think they didn't anything to this child though. I wouldn't jump to any conclusion here. If Misty wasn't home, she should be charged with child neglect.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSinger View Post
What I've heard is that she may have been gone from the house that night to be with an African American boy, so she may be hiding something because of infidelity. Apparently Ron knows about this boy and even said he married Misty because it's his last connection to Haleigh and will stay with her until Haleigh returns??? It's really messed up.

I don't think they didn't anything to this child though. I wouldn't jump to any conclusion here. If Misty wasn't home, she should be charged with child neglect.

Pitiful.

So 17 yr old Misty has 'outwitted' local authorities and the FBI. Sounds like she/they could now also be charged with obstruction of justice. Not to mention deceiving Ronald Cummings.

Then his ex wife and her allegations...

No wonder the minister didn't want to be involved.

I guess that means someone 'nearby' saw an opportunity and took the child. And nobody knows anything.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:38 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,508,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
All I know is that it wouldn't take me long to confess to a crime. What sort of human beings can these people be?
Well, for starters, it is apparent that the emotional & mental level of about 99% of the family personally involved is below the norm. They just do not think or have the ability to think in terms of consequences & so on.

Drugs are and/or have been involved. The fear of being killed themselves may play a role.

I am sure they are all victims of abuse themselves. Drugs, physical, mental & so on. They know no other life. They have very little to no emotion due to how they have lived & what they have seen their entire lives.

Life does not hold value to people such as these people. Life is more of something to endure & get by then to be respected.

These are very unhealthy people who have never been given the tools to live a productive or normal life.

Doesn't justify any of it.

The girlfriend was involved. And she is doing an outstanding job of lying & covering up. It has become her reality now, so it is probably not so difficult to believe what she needs to, just like Casey Anthony. Their lies & stories have turned into their reality & they BELIEVE what they are saying.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Life does not hold value to people such as these people. Life is more of something to endure & get by then to be respected.

These are very unhealthy people who have never been given the tools to live a productive or normal life.

Doesn't justify any of it.

The girlfriend was involved. And she is doing an outstanding job of lying & covering up. It has become her reality now, so it is probably not so difficult to believe what she needs to, just like Casey Anthony. Their lies & stories have turned into their reality & they BELIEVE what they are saying.
I suppose so. HLN just did an update. The little boy told his mother something about --'the couch was jumping and there were squeaky shoes'/man in black. Then an attorney/expert said he didn't know if the child had been pressured.

So--'While Ron was at work, Misty had a quickie and Haleigh woke up and they went out of their minds because she might tell Ron and had to silence her.'

The biological mother's attorney said there were more pictures of abuse and statements from credible witnesses.

I guess we have to just make up our own stories.

No, I really don't understand any of this.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:33 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times
Something happened other than what was being said. A lot of it has to do with Misty. Now does that have to do with the child being gone who knows. What I 'm really sick to death about is who has what should put the cards on the table. When will the police say anything. I find it hard to believe they have nothing. It just seems like because not one person in the case can tell the same thing twice and who knows if the timeline is right that Misty said. You would think that even if all this drams had nothing to do with the child being gone they the police would clear it up so that the child becomes the issue and not her nut family.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Something happened other than what was being said. A lot of it has to do with Misty. Now does that have to do with the child being gone who knows. What I 'm really sick to death about is who has what should put the cards on the table. When will the police say anything. I find it hard to believe they have nothing. It just seems like because not one person in the case can tell the same thing twice and who knows if the timeline is right that Misty said. You would think that even if all this drams had nothing to do with the child being gone they the police would clear it up so that the child becomes the issue and not her nut family.
The attorney said tonight that they had a pretty good timeline of who was in the home until around 10:30 PM. Sometime between 10:30 and 3AM I'd say Misty had a visitor. It sounds like some information is being gathered.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:54 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
But have they ever said where the father was during this time- supposedly at work??
And when was the last time the child was actually seen by someone other than the father and girlfriend??
This whole thing is screwy- there really ought to be licenses in order to parent!

Old 03-27-2009, 01:52 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times
The Great Grandmother says she saw the child that day around 7:00pm when she dropped off some clothes she washed for the kids. Why would you marry someone that you believed was messing around on you. Hello I would think that many answers lay in this brother. I would think that the police would have him working with a play therapist. He can share the before, after and he will most likey tell the truth

Old 03-27-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
The Great Grandmother says she saw the child that day around 7:00pm when she dropped off some clothes she washed for the kids. Why would you marry someone that you believed was messing around on you. Hello I would think that many answers lay in this brother. I would think that the police would have him working with a play therapist. He can share the before, after and he will most likey tell the truth
Sounds like the little boy has already told the truth. Experts have to 'protect' themselves (law is so anal) they can't go on record at this point.

'Is that your opinion?'
'No, I didn't say that was my opinion--it is my theory...'
That is what I heard last night.

As to why they would marry--???
Ronald Cummings feels profoundly guilty and is in some sort of state of denial/grief.

or
If his character is scrutinized it looks better to be married than not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime