U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2009, 09:59 AM
 
Location: Rockport Texas from El Paso
2,601 posts, read 7,173,138 times
Reputation: 1565

Advertisements

If the mom is guilty of capital murder - I have no problem with the death penalty in fact I am a former elected prosecutor, defense atty and professor and have 30 years exp in criminal law. I am in favor of expanding the death penalty -although I want certain safeguards. Bernie Mader and many others deserve this.

On the other hand Nancy Grace's holier than thou and condescending approach to crime is getting old.

Today they have actual pics of the mom partying! Wow! She gave a kiss to another girl and some guy seems to have touched her breast and she drank what seems to be real liquor!

This is not relevant to whether she killed her daughter (unless they are going to make the case that on that very night she was doing this as sort of an alibi or deliberate neglect.

If someone kills or abuses another person -especially a child - they should be dealt with severely - but all the self-righteous and irrelevant indignation takes away from the dignity of the process. Grace should know better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2009, 10:04 AM
 
12,618 posts, read 17,372,502 times
Reputation: 2986
Have you followed this story at all?

The tot mom was out partying while her daughter was missing not telling anyone she was missing either or appear to be upset she could not find her daughter either!

If one of my children went missing the last thing I could do would be to go out and party unbothered or emotionally upset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 AM
 
12,618 posts, read 17,372,502 times
Reputation: 2986
Also I might add her boyfriend and close friends saw "NO" difference in emotion of the tot mom that would indicate there was something wrong in her life. Ya know such as a missing child!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Orlando
8,181 posts, read 15,898,061 times
Reputation: 49692
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
If the mom is guilty of capital murder - I have no problem with the death penalty in fact I am a former elected prosecutor, defense atty and professor and have 30 years exp in criminal law. I am in favor of expanding the death penalty -although I want certain safeguards. Bernie Mader and many others deserve this.

On the other hand Nancy Grace's holier than thou and condescending approach to crime is getting old.

Today they have actual pics of the mom partying! Wow! She gave a kiss to another girl and some guy seems to have touched her breast and she drank what seems to be real liquor!

This is not relevant to whether she killed her daughter (unless they are going to make the case that on that very night she was doing this as sort of an alibi or deliberate neglect.

If someone kills or abuses another person -especially a child - they should be dealt with severely - but all the self-righteous and irrelevant indignation takes away from the dignity of the process. Grace should know better.

Personally, the only pictures I care about are the ones taken AFTER Caylee disappeared. I couldn't care less about the other ones. Those just show she liked to party, nothing else.

I just can't stand Nancy Grace because if anyone says anything other that what she does, they are wrong and don't belong in their jobs. She's just rude.

And why does she need to know who the baby's father is? Why does the attorney for that Gonzales woman need to know this?

Beaz is an idiot and so is John Morgan(Gonzales's attorney)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 10:16 AM
 
Location: NJ/NY
10,633 posts, read 15,933,312 times
Reputation: 2784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Have you followed this story at all?

The tot mom was out partying while her daughter was missing not telling anyone she was missing either or appear to be upset she could not find her daughter either!

If one of my children went missing the last thing I could do would be to go out and party unbothered or emotionally upset.
There is nothing I hate more than Nancy Grace's use of the word

"Totmom"

It's a way of sensationalizing what happened for her own profit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 10:37 AM
 
24,741 posts, read 36,329,743 times
Reputation: 12648
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
If the mom is guilty of capital murder - I have no problem with the death penalty in fact I am a former elected prosecutor, defense atty and professor and have 30 years exp in criminal law. I am in favor of expanding the death penalty -although I want certain safeguards. Bernie Mader and many others deserve this.

On the other hand Nancy Grace's holier than thou and condescending approach to crime is getting old.

Today they have actual pics of the mom partying! Wow! She gave a kiss to another girl and some guy seems to have touched her breast and she drank what seems to be real liquor!

This is not relevant to whether she killed her daughter (unless they are going to make the case that on that very night she was doing this as sort of an alibi or deliberate neglect.

If someone kills or abuses another person -especially a child - they should be dealt with severely - but all the self-righteous and irrelevant indignation takes away from the dignity of the process. Grace should know better.
If you have followed the case a little bit more than you probable agree with Nancy Grace. The tot's mom has no concience and is one of the worst mothers I have ever seen. The grand parents are so stupid to enable her with almost everything and defending her. I understand it is still their daughter but there is not much in favor of her...her lies, stealing money, partying and getting tatoes while you daughter is missing...telling your mom your kid is with the nanny and to your boy friend that the kid is with her mom....soemthing is wrong and she deserves to get the hardest penalty their is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 11:46 AM
 
12,618 posts, read 17,372,502 times
Reputation: 2986
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If you have followed the case a little bit more than you probable agree with Nancy Grace. The tot's mom has no conscience and is one of the worst mothers I have ever seen. The grand parents are so stupid to enable her with almost everything and defending her. I understand it is still their daughter but there is not much in favor of her...her lies, stealing money, partying and getting tattoos while you daughter is missing...telling your mom your kid is with the nanny and to your boy friend that the kid is with her mom....something is wrong and she deserves to get the hardest penalty their is!
Absolutely correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Rockport Texas from El Paso
2,601 posts, read 7,173,138 times
Reputation: 1565
If the photos are about the day in question or the day after the baby was missing- they may have some relevance, if its just to show mom liked to party -they have no rightful place in this case.

Does Nancy Grace ever do stories about all the priests who have sex with kids? There have been so many cases- has she tackled this? and the coverups?


There are lots of bad crimes -every day- it seems she likes to sensationalize certain ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,107 posts, read 2,480,697 times
Reputation: 1024
I find Nancy Grace to be annoying despite showing pictures. After she pushed the women to kill herself in Florida, then through the Members of the Duke Lacrosse team under the bus, then Kept pressing Elizabeth Smart to the point where she asked to stop asking those questions. Nancy Grace should try something new and SHUT UP.

I also hope she is found guilty in the case of the Florida women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 02:45 PM
 
Location: NJ/NY
10,633 posts, read 15,933,312 times
Reputation: 2784
horrible how she pushed Elizabeth Smart like that


YouTube - Insane Nancy Grace gets owned by Elizabeth Smart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top