Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:04 AM

55 posts, read 188,387 times

Advertisements

Anyone else more than a little creeped out by this guy on the loose in Gaffney? I mean, Charlotte's a big city and stuff happens here all the time, but usually the murders are related to drug/gang problems and don't generally affect your everyday citizens. This random guy who is going around shooting people is starting to worry me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 11:34 AM

873 posts, read 1,804,492 times
Don't go to Gaffney

Old 07-05-2009, 11:37 AM

374 posts, read 1,629,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
Don't go to Gaffney
What makes you think he is still in Gaffney with all the news press?

Old 07-05-2009, 11:49 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyb0077 View Post
Just what I was thinking.

He could be anywhere.

That is why people are concerned.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:36 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,408,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyb0077 View Post

He'd be crazy to hang around Gaffney with the national press he's getting. It's too small a town for him to hang around in, he's probably long gone.

Not too long ago I read a book on the DC snipers. Getting a feel for how those two operated was just incredible. Muhammad seemed to orchestrate the locations and the communications, Malvo was a hell of a shot. Those guys went from Maryland to Alabama although most of the killings were concentrated within the vicinity of the Beltway. That's a long stretch, needless to say much farther than Gaffney to Charlotte.

If anything I'm far more fascinated by this guy than creeped out.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:38 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacherchick24 View Post
Anyone else more than a little creeped out by this guy on the loose in Gaffney? I mean, Charlotte's a big city and stuff happens here all the time, but usually the murders are related to drug/gang problems and don't generally affect your everyday citizens. This random guy who is going around shooting people is starting to worry me.

I read about this in the paper today (although i don't live in the area). It's horrible.
At least two of the incidents have involved him killing a parent and child together, haven't they?
Awful.
Stay safe, and I hope they catch him soon!

Old 07-05-2009, 02:24 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,752,139 times
Cherokee County South Carolina - Live Audio Feeds:
Cherokee County, South Carolina (SC) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

Old 07-05-2009, 02:28 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
Time to buy a gun I would say...

Old 07-05-2009, 02:39 PM

624 posts, read 2,108,791 times
Right now looks like all of the shootings have occurred in pairs, but I'm confused as to why the CNN article is saying the 15 yr daughter was the fifth victim, seems like the serial killer is up to six. Did the wife in the Saturday shooting live?

Reference the CNN article: 'Serial killer' claims fifth victim in South Carolina - CNN.com

Saturday, June 27th
Quote:
The first shooting happened Saturday, when peach farmer Kline W. Cash, 63, was found dead by his wife in their home, said Leigh Caldwell, a victims services coordinator for the sheriff's office.
Wednesday, July 1st
Quote:
On Wednesday, the bound and shot bodies of 83-year-old Hazel Linder and her 50-year-old daughter, Gena Linder Parker, were found in the mother's home, where she lived alone.
Thursday, July 2nd
Quote:
A 15-year-old South Carolina girl who was shot earlier this week ...has died, police said Saturday.

Her father, Stephen Tyler, 48, was pronounced dead at the scene of the shooting Thursday in the family-run furniture and appliance store

Old 07-05-2009, 03:25 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,752,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
Right now looks like all of the shootings have occurred in pairs, but I'm confused as to why the CNN article is saying the 15 yr daughter was the fifth victim, seems like the serial killer is up to six. Did the wife in the Saturday shooting live?

Reference the CNN article: 'Serial killer' claims fifth victim in South Carolina - CNN.com

Saturday, June 27th Wednesday, July 1st Thursday, July 2nd
Only 5 people. When the first man was killed, last Saturday, his wife was not there at all. What's interesting is that there was another person killed last night, but authorities are saying it was unrelated. However, CNN earlier today said the official word from the cororner is that they haven't officially determined how the person was killed, so the truth is, they really don't know. The best place to follow the story is the Spartanburg Hearald's site below...

Spartanburg SC news, sports, weather and classifieds | GoUpstate.com | Spartanburg Herald Journal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime