Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 08:43 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times

Advertisements

I just don't understand how anyone can do such a despicable crime as what has been perpetrated against this victim. What is this world coming to when crimes such as this are becoming more and more commonplace and life is no longer sacred. I just feel so awful for her family and fiance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 08:45 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,799,123 times
I am pretty confident they know who did this. Lets hope they get enough to convict him/her (though I think its a him).

Old 09-13-2009, 08:55 PM

247 posts, read 379,916 times
I'm pretty sure it's a him too. Women don't kill other women like this. It's almost unheard of. I'll bet any amount of money it's a male, and it's probably someone that was obsessed with her and she *ignored* him because she was engaged. These are the actions of a sick mind "If I can't have you no one can!"

It scares me as a Father because I have a daughter that wants to attend Yale. She wouldn't be going for at least 3 years, but I have to confess, I am worried for her safety now even inside a classroom (or lab).

I've already lost one child. My oldest daughter would be 17 now. She was murdered and raped at the age of 9. We lived 2 blocks from her school, she was on her way home when she disappeared. They never found the guy either. My heart breaks over things like this. It's just so sad.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:15 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,537,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I just don't understand how anyone can do such a despicable crime as what has been perpetrated against this victim. What is this world coming to when crimes such as this are becoming more and more commonplace and life is no longer sacred. I just feel so awful for her family and fiance.
Are crimes like this actually more common or is it that we are in the instant information age and know about a lot more of them?

How anyone can do something like this is beyond me also. It is sickening just to read about.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:29 PM

247 posts, read 379,916 times
Apparently, the bloody clothing found in the ceiling tiles does not fit the description of the clothing that Ms. Le was reported to have been wearing at the time of her disappearance. So the mystery deepens. If they weren't her clothes, then who's clothes were they? Perhaps the murder's clothes?

Old 09-13-2009, 11:40 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times
I'm so sick of these evil subhumans. I'm having fantasies of bringing back public executions, particularly the burning at the stake . . . There are virtually no consequences anymore for violent criminals (witness the thugs who raped/tortured/murdered Channon Christian and Chris Newsome who were convicted violent felons out on parole, or Jaycee Duggard's kidnapper/rapist who was also a convicted sex offender, out on parole.) Subhumans quite literally get away with murder. Just eradicating the repeat offender cases alone would cut crime in this country dramatically. I'd also like to see members of parole boards and judges held responsible for anyone who re-offends.

So sorry and sad for her family but especially her fiance.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:40 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
Default Yale Student's Body Found/Part 2

Investigators searched the basement lab where Annie Le worked and found a body hidden behind the walls in an area with mechanical cables. It is presumed to be the body of Annie Le although confirmation has not yet been made. There was no information on possible suspects but the professor who was questioned has been cleared and is cooperating with authorities.

I suppose I understand 'why' the officials cannot confirm that the body is Annie Le's or couldn't confirm that the bloody clothes they found Saturday belonged to her but I wish they would expedite the process. No one else has been reported missing from this building and I certainly hope there aren't additional victims of some sort of psychopath that roams free at Yale University.

I suppose another news conference will be held later today to confirm what seems to be obvious.

For the family's sake I hope the authorities apprehend the filthy scum posthaste. She sounds like a rare and talented woman. One of her mentors with whom she worked during a summer internship program at the NIH said she was a positive person always had a smile and was a pleasure to have on his team.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:15 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
I feel so awful about this case...specially having a College kid myself...where are kids/young adults save now a days...not even in the College buildings!

The person responsible for this should never see the light of day!

I would also address some of the other Yale students who came out wiht statements on tv saying "I guess she run away"...i hope they will think twice next time before they judge so fast!

Is that what they learn at Yale....? Discusting to be so judgmental!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:52 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Well, this forum is the first I even heard of this story, here is the latest:

Annie Le Case: Evidence in Assumed Murder May Lead to Killer - ABC News

Old 09-14-2009, 09:46 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well, this forum is the first I even heard of this story, here is the latest:

Annie Le Case: Evidence in Assumed Murder May Lead to Killer - ABC News
So the clothes probably belonged to the murderer/attacker and they seem to have some suspects.

I suppose a random nutcase could penetrate the security of the building but more likely it was someone who had legal access and that should narrow down the list considerably.

One friend/colleague speculated that this might have been related to the piece she wrote in February about staying safe on the campus, I have my doubts about that. Either she just happened to be in an isolated area, perhaps where few security cameras were placed and the savage saw an opportunity and took advantage of it or she appealed to him physically.

The wife of Philip Garrido said he spotted Jaycee Dugard the day before he abducted/raped her and told his wife, 'She's cute let's take her when she isn't with other kids.'

It will be gratifying when they haul the piece of filth in and he or perhaps she can have the 15 seconds of fame that comes with such a crime. I don't want the US to adopt the type of legal system found in some parts of the world--caning or stoning to death for minor crimes but at times I wouldn't mind if some of these sickos got punched around publicly to reinforce the idea that their needs/desires cause pain which is something that seems of no concern to them.

ETA:
I don't think anyone at Yale is being taught to think things like, 'I guess she ran away'. That is, imo, a result of a few cases that have been well publicized in recent years. I can think of one 'runaway bride' from Georgia that appeared on various talk shows and was a hot topic for several months. Her fiance also appeared on national news shows to discuss their relationship.

Perhaps those in the 20 something group talk about such things and have known others who decided that it would be preferable to 'escape' rather than go through with a wedding? I can't say.

This young woman by all accounts was very happy to be getting married and why this issue was raised is strange. It did give the TV journalists 5 more minutes of dialogue. Panel experts opined that this didn't seem likely --a conclusion I reached without hearing their reasons.

I feel so bad for her family and her fiance. She probably had a beautiful dress, perhaps had to have it designed and made especially for her since she was a petite person.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 09-14-2009 at 09:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime