U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 10:31 AM

2,551 posts, read 1,568,078 times

Advertisements

The military hasn't executed anyone since 1961.

But he will be tried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 10:36 AM
NCN

14,085 posts, read 12,298,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Why is it OK for Americans to go to Iraq and kill unarmed people in defense of an idea, and be called brave heroes for doing so?
Because the men and women fighting are brave heroes. They did not start the war, it was not their decision to go there, they were sent. Don't confuse our corrupt government with the brave people in the military.

http://www.victorious.org/authorty.htm

Old 11-13-2009, 10:40 AM

49,755 posts, read 46,858,501 times
Quote:
Why is it OK for Americans to go to Iraq and kill unarmed people in defense of an idea, and be called brave heroes for doing so?
to be fair i dont think that is what most american soldiers are doing.
amazing how many unarmed civilians kill american soldiers. i mean its amazing when we shoot back they were always unarmed. that might be bek they fire at us from behind human shields always
but i read your posts i want the war to end too.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:55 AM

38,753 posts, read 38,397,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Because the men and women fighting are brave heroes. They did not start the war, it was not their decision to go there, they were sent. Don't confuse our corrupt government with the brave people in the military.

Authority: What Christians Should Know
It WAS their decision. We do not have a corrupt government. The majority of Americans, by their collective will, expressed in free elections, sent our troops to Iraq under the express order to "shock and awe". In public opinion polls, more than 90% expressed approval. You cannot blame this on an autocratic dictator. You and the rest of the voters then even re-elected the man who sent us there. Our government did exactly what the people told it to do. Kill.

The "brave people in the military" are the ones who refused to serve, who stood up and risked the consequences for refusing to kill human beings merely because they were told to do so. That, my friend, is an act that takes courage. It is not bravery to murder innocent defenseless unarmed people with state of the art weaponry while standing behind an impenetrable shield of protection.

The brave hero in the lynch mob is the one who says "No".

Last edited by jtur88; 11-13-2009 at 11:11 AM..

Old 11-13-2009, 11:50 AM

2,637 posts, read 2,704,449 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone in here said it was OK. It is just what has happened. Nobody asked me about it. How about You? I'm in charge, of next to nothing.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
I don't think anyone in here said it was OK. It is just what has happened. Nobody asked me about it. How about You? I'm in charge, of next to nothing.
It was a rhetorical question, to illuminate the double standard.

According to public opinion polls at the time, 90% of you approved of the invasion of Iraq at the time. Which means many people here said it was OK, then.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:41 PM

14,305 posts, read 10,089,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
There is a pricniple that was present in this Nation for most of our history, a noble ideal that has fallen to the wayside, especially in today's atsmophere of political hackery.

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Even if the suspect is caught, on tape, committing crimes, that person is still assumed innocent and is a "suspect" until he has had his day in court.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Ever hear of Innocent Until Proven Guilty?

No, probably because you morons get all your legal knowledge from "Cops."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Like it or not, we're still a country of laws and legally he's a 'suspect' until after he's had a trial.
Any of you guys in the "Bush is a war criminal" crowd?

Anyway, I'm glad he's screwed up for life. I just hope that it's a short one. Get this guy dead so we can save the cost of the three hots and a cot.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Anyway, I'm glad he's screwed up for life. I just hope that it's a short one. Get this guy dead so we can save the cost of the three hots and a cot.
I think most of the people you are thinking of are in the "Bush should not be immune to trial for war crimes" camp. We do not know enough about what he did to say he was guilty, and we will never know until he is stripped of his privilege of secrecy.

We could send everybody home from Gitmo and save enough for Hasan's three hots and a cot. Bush, since you brought him up, could be charged with conspiracy to kidnapping and human trafficking, with the prisoners at Gitmo as Exhibit A.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 PM

4,529 posts, read 3,177,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

I personally think the matter should be investigated thoroughly, and unless a damn good reason can be found and/or explained for the invasion of Iraq and the horrendious conditions at certain military hosptials, among other concerns, Bush should be Impeached.

Yes, you can Impeach a past POTUS.

When, not if, when he if found culpable of malfeasance and whatever else he could be charged with, yank his pension, SS guards, and any other perks he is enjoying at the cost of the taxpayer. Perhaps even require any future profits from any books or other endevours based on his term be given to any nubmer of organizations that support our Veterans.

Anyone who occupies the office of POTUS, including the sitting President, need to be made to understand that they answer to We the People.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:37 PM

10,248 posts, read 8,212,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think he will be tried in a Military Court under the rules of the UCMJ where guilty is assumed and innocent must be proved.

Yeah, they will have to tie him to the post before they shoot him.
Can't they just shoot him on the ground?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime