Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 07:15 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
It is strange that Amanda's parents have gotten so much notice, but not so much for those of Meredith Kercher, her victim.
In a way I can understand it, the media is only interested in a story and we all know how Meridith's life ended (RIP) but a girl that may sit in prison for decades is for the media the better story... Sadly, but in a way understandable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 09:41 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
I wonder how much politics plays in this, with Amanda being American, and Meredith being English.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:16 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,238,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoBald View Post
I remember in the coverage just after the murder, I was in the UK. Long before she had ever been charged, there was a film of the house where the crime was committed and the photographer took video of Knox and her boyfriend outside the house - this was the morning after the murder was discovered. Knox and bf were simultaneously making out and posing for the photographers. She was acting out for the camera and had a creepy little smirk, dead eyes and shallow affect. She was enjoying herself. I think she's a sociopath and the Italians can keep her. Her lies in an attempt to get an innocent man accused is more proof. We already have Casey Anthony.. we don't need another one.

Uggg, I remember that & came to the same conclusion as you. I also seem to remember very soon after the murder, her & bf going lingerie shopping. They acted disgusting.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:02 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
I think Knox is innocent. DNA evidence does not point to her. Writing things in her diary and her boyfriend kissing her, hugging her after the discovery of her friend's body, is not evidence of her guilt.

The prosecution reminds me of Jose Baez, throwing any number of "could be's" at the wall and see what sticks:

1. Knox was jealous of Kercher
2. Kercher was raped
3. Sex game gone wrong
4. Drug money issues
5. Satanic ritual
6. Kercher was a victim of reefer madness at the hands of Knox

Old 10-03-2011, 07:37 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,157 times
I have followed this case since the beginning. I think that Amanda and Raffaele are innocent. There is no physical evidence linking them to the murder. The prosecutions' theory just doesn't make sense. I hope that they are both set free.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:58 AM

699 posts, read 1,014,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
I have followed this case since the beginning. I think that Amanda and Raffaele are innocent. There is no physical evidence linking them to the murder. The prosecutions' theory just doesn't make sense. I hope that they are both set free.

I too have followed the case since the beginning and have been torn since then.
Part of me agrees with this. Another part of me is influenced by the victim's family who is certain of the couple's guilt. They were present throughout the trial and were privy to information that the rest of us may not know. Why would they want to destroy the lives of two more young people without sufficient cause? This has got to be a living nightmare for both families.
Let us pray that justice is served today and that both families can find peace in the verdict.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:35 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
The prosecutor seems like a real nut job--I don't trust his judgement so am wondering what real evidence they had on her. The writer of Monster of Florence I think it was said that Mignini tried to say he was an accessory to murder for some reason. How could anyone think this prosecutor is sane enough to know fact from fiction? I originally thought she might be guilty, but now am swaying the other way.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
I too have followed the case since the beginning and have been torn since then.
Part of me agrees with this. Another part of me is influenced by the victim's family who is certain of the couple's guilt. They were present throughout the trial and were privy to information that the rest of us may not know. Why would they want to destroy the lives of two more young people without sufficient cause? This has got to be a living nightmare for both families.
Let us pray that justice is served today and that both families can find peace in the verdict.
I'd want to believe the justice system was right if one of my loved ones were murdered. I'd need that closure, that target to vent all my emotions toward, in order to move on. There is nothing worse than not knowing, IMO. So, the victim's family very well could be "latching on" to the prosecution's stories because that is all they have to hang on to.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:17 AM

376 posts, read 665,410 times
she's GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY and deserves everybody bit of justice that comes to her *cough* life sentence *cough* if she was in america, she would be on death row or getting a lwop. keep that animal in a cage and don't feed her.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
she's GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY and deserves everybody bit of justice that comes to her *cough* life sentence *cough* if she was in america, she would be on death row or getting a lwop. keep that animal in a cage and don't feed her.
How do you know she is guilty? On what evidence are you basing your opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime