Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times

Advertisements

From what I've read here, people seem to think she is guilty because.

A. She is an rich

B. She is weird

C. She smoked pot

and

D. Why would she kiss her boyfreind after she found out her roomate had been killed?

Thats the 4 major reasons. The evidence against her was botched, clearly. As another poster indicated, the Italiaian authorities said she had HIV, not once, but twice, and both times they were wrong.

Like I said, I didn't see all of the evidence as shown in court, she may very well be guilty. However, the reasons I've heard people posting here are just stupid. Just because you don't like someone, or because they are a little strange, doesn't mean they murdered anyone.

Hell, even the prosecutor changed the motive in his closing arguments to "She was jealous" instead of "She was made about a sex game gone wrong"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 06:43 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yeah this is getting kind of creepy reading these posts, I don't know if she is guilty or not but from admitted limited reading on the topic and viewing the news tonight. It seems much less clear cut than some posting here suggest. It seems some of these folks are biased against her for some reason, I wonder if the jury was made up of like minded folks?
Many people think that women that look like this

simply are not capable of such a heinous crime. The evidence against her may have been somewhat circumstanial but her actions were very questionable.

It is annoying that people would presume that she's not guilty just because they can not believe that a pretty young White American girl could commit crime. Murderers are men who are more "swarthy" and "ethnic" looking.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
She got what she deserved. We need to keep these sociopaths off the street.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:45 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Of course they were going to convict her. The trial was just for show.

We as Americans forget that our country's laws and legal protections do not follow us wherever we go around the world. In most of the world, you have to prove your innocence and even then it doesn't always matter.
There seems to have been a lot of forensic evidence against the couple.
To wave the American laws and legal protections like a flag does not wash. The innocence project is proof of that. Many, Many people are in prison or death row in America who are innocent and this is now proved over and over again with new forensics.
No one wants to believe that their children would commit such a heinous crime....but they do, everyday.
No one on this blog knows whether this couple commited this crime or not and they were found guilty by modern forensic evidence. If the Parents look deep into the case then maybe more will be discovered that will either prove them innocent or just uphold their guilt.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:47 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Many people think that women that look like this

simply are not capable of such a heinous crime. The evidence against her may have been somewhat circumstanial but her actions were very questionable.

It is annoying that people would presume that she's not guilty just because they can not believe that a pretty young White American girl could commit crime. Murderers are men who are more "swarthy" and "ethnic" looking.

Reading some of the post on this thread it seems that some people believe she is guilty simply because she is a pretty, white, privileged American girl. If there is such bias coming from her fellow countyrmen I can't help but wonder if the bias was not stronger in Italy.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:48 PM

446 posts, read 831,087 times
Default WHAT is wrong with Italy's JUSTICE SYSTEM?

I use the word JUSTICE in jest...obviously they have NO JUSTICE. SHAME ON THE COUNTRY FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO AMANDA KNOX. If she IS indeed a murderer please actually PROVE it and stop this political circus act they call a trial.

What a total and absolute sham. I fear for this girl. The evidence was tainted....I would love for REAL experts to test this evidence and see what they come up with.

Her boyfriend also denies his guilt. Somehow they deserve a fair trial...

Meredith, the poor murdered girl deserves for her true murderer(s) to be brought to justice.

PROVE their guilt ITALY, show you are a JUST NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2009, 06:48 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Like the O.J. case, there were only one (or in this case, one group) of suspects. Any other motives or suspects in this womans murder, or it happening by some total stranger was never once seriously presented. Wasnt in O.J.'s case either. Unlike the O.J. trial, this time there was some justice in the verdict

Fortunately an unbiased Italian jury heard the facts presented and gave her a relatively light 26 year sentence. She deserves life with the possibility of parole in about 30 years.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Like the O.J. case, there were only one *or in this case, one group) of suspects. Any other motives for this womans murder by some total stranger was never once seriously presented. Wasnt in O.J.'s case either.

Fortunately an unbiased Italian jury heard the facts presented and gave her a relatively light 26 year sentence. She deserves life with the possibility of parole in about 30 years.

You do realize there already is someone in jail for this crime whose DNA was all over and in the victim right?

Old 12-04-2009, 06:51 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You do realize there already is someone in jail for this crime whose DNA was all over and in the victim right?
I do realize that. Does this exonerate Knox from the crime?

Old 12-04-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I do realize that. Does this exonerate Knox from the crime?

Not at all but it does seem strange they found his DNA everywhere but here DNA was rather limited to areas you would expect a room mates DNA to be. If his DNA was all over and in the body, why wasn't hers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime