Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 06:02 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times

Advertisements

The King family doesn't stand alone during this time. Our ♥'s and prayers are with them.

♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ ()... this is NOT the time or place to try and bicker with people. Act like an adult.

And might I add... I agree with the comment left: "To his future prison guards: When he gets to shower in General Population, please, just look the other way?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 06:12 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
It's hard to imagine anything more horrible than a story like this.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:39 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
These animals need to be put on parole or probation for life. From what I understand, he was off probation and free to roam: that's totally unacceptable. Having these monsters wear a GPS until off probation or patrol isn't near enough. They need to be monitored for life. Of course, you need a competent system in place as well. CA seems to fall short, as do many other states.

Sad to say, but no female should go alone anywhere. Nor should any young male. There are sex offenders roaming free everywhere. This country needs to right the ship before all is lost. And it needs to be done real soon.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:39 PM

9,526 posts, read 30,477,668 times
such a sad story. My heart goes out to this family.

As if you needed any more evidence, here's just more proof of the sad truth that *nowhere* is safe anymore. Single women are just so vulnerable to the hordes of sleaze in our region.

I hope this girl's death can at least help to strengthen laws to keep these human predators where they belong.. dead or in jail.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:48 PM

18 posts, read 69,990 times
I just moved to Rancho Bernardo last week and am a student at RB High. It is so sickening knowing that that could happen in such a nice area to such a nice girl, especially when it is right near my new home. R.I.P. Chelsea King and our prayers are with her family during this difficult time.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:58 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
Hopefully once he is settled in prison an inmate will pass a knife under his cell and tell him you have 2 choices...(a) kill yourself or (b) if you don't then we(inmates) will kill you.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:10 PM

1,504 posts, read 6,152,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
I hope this girl's death can at least help to strengthen laws to keep these human predators where they belong.. dead or in jail.
Sadly, that may not have the effect you want.

Cases like Amber and Chelsea are the tip of an iceberg. In any given year, literally tens of thousands of children are kidnapped and sexually assaulted across the country. 99% of them return home alive. Strengthening laws will have the effect of making predators think twice before letting kidnapped kids go.

As other people said, physical sterilization is an acceptable solution. Reoffense rates for sterilized sex offenders are extremely low.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:39 PM

181 posts, read 687,471 times
When they let him out of prison, you would think they would make it MANDATORY that he gets rehab for this or that he would have gotten rehab in prison! Just punishing a person doesn't cure him or them of this. I think these people don't know why they're that WAY until they're TOLD. It gotta start somewhere to stop this. Noone is born this way.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:28 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Hopefully once he is settled in prison an inmate will pass a knife under his cell and tell him you have 2 choices...(a) kill yourself or (b) if you don't then we(inmates) will kill you.
I don't think he's going to be offered any choices by other inmates. Other will take offense at him being a sex offender, and take care of him themselves.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:30 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I don't think he's going to be offered any choices by other inmates. Other will take offense at him being a sex offender, and take care of him themselves.
Not only that, but believe it or not, inmates have a "moral code" and killing children gets you shanked behind bars. They don't like child killers in prison! Hope he finds this out asap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime