Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:39 PM

1,179 posts, read 973,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I guess this moron can finally be taken out.

What a horrible person. Why would you want to kill someone or drug them up and rape them?
The guy is a sociopath and hopefully they catch him and throw him in jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 11:30 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,470,333 times
He traveled the world. I wonder just how many women he killed but no one knows about them.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:33 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times
I believe that Peru is going to move very quickly on solving this muder. I truthfully feel that he is also into slave trading of young girls, he seems the type, also very full of himself. Could he have killed Natlie, in the same manner which he killed this Young Peru Girl, will we ever know that real story. One thing he does not have, can't hide behind Daddy any more! Hopefully in these 2 murder cases, justice will finally be served. I hope there will be justice for Natlie her family, and this 21 yr old that he just killed, and also her family. He is scum, lowlife, exactly 5 yrs after Natlie, but boy, is he also very stupid.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:36 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,116,414 times
I bet he dont lie his way out of this one. The penal system in Peru isnt nice like the one we have here. I wont be surprised if they cut his balls off and then hang him..

Old 06-03-2010, 01:02 AM

164 posts, read 567,727 times
The difference between these two cases is there is an actual body and evidence. I read in the Dutch newspaper there are Russians involved also. I dont think Joran did this alone, as the body was found in a hotelroom booked under his name. Why didnt he hide the body this time? He is not stupid, a sociopath, yes, but stupid, no.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:34 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,470,333 times
If the guy is a drug dealer and loves money he could very well sell women into the sex trade. I hope when they catch him they make him confess to what happened. He sure lives high on the hog for not working.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
That is what I have thought all along and continue to think. It was her last night in Aruba, she wanted to party hearty one last time, probably drank too much, smoked (or otherwise ingested) too many drugs, went off alone with 3 guys. Probably got more drugs from van der Sloot, had a respiratory and/or cardiac arrest and died on the beach. I think he panicked and somehow got rid of the body at sea, maybe with help from someone. I have always thought that the father knew everything that happened, maybe even helped in some way with getting rid of the body. A body dumped in those waters a ways off the North Shore in Aruba would be carried away by the strong current in short order and never found.

Joran told so many different stories that even if he told the truth (and maybe one of the stories was the truth), no one will ever know for sure what happened to her. I have little doubt that the Aruban authorities dragged their feet with the investigation, bungled it, maybe even covered it up and all because the father was a prominent citizen on the island.

After that, it was all downhill for Joran and his parents. Had this not happened, maybe he would have outgrown his youthful wildness and settled into a more productive life.

If there is anything to be learned from this, it is that a girl should NEVER go off alone with guys she has just met. Had Natalee been with even one other friend, this story would probably have had a different ending.
With the date rape drugs you can never know if she wanted to party hearty, some of those drugs are very powerful and it only takes one laced drink and the victim is no longer in control.

These drugs are readily available in certain countries and very frequently slipped into an unwitting victim's drink, even a soft drink.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:20 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,944,977 times
Breaking - CNN reports that "Joran van der Sloot, wanted in slaying in Peru, has been apprehended in Chile."

Old 06-03-2010, 11:52 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,772,693 times
It would not surprise me at all if Joran was not actually guilty of murder in either case. In Aruba, there was no prosecutable evidence of his guilt, and there were several other suspects. There is no evidence of his guilt in Lima except the circumstance that she was found in a room registered in his name.

Vander Sloot and the victim Flores were both living a fast and loose life of the rich and spoiled, and were therefore potentially subject to all kinds of hazards that the rest of us can't even imagine. People like that have jealous friends who are not above doing terrible things, out of spite or retaliation. Yes, he knew Holloway in Aruba, and yes he knew Flores in Peru. Neither are evidence of guilt. Unless someone is out to frame him, its a pretty long-odds coincidence. The odds of winning the lottery are ten-million to one, but somebody wins every time. Improabable thing do happen.

Why would the same person kill Holloway and succeed in hiding her body forever on a tiny island, but also kill Flores and leave her lying in his own hotel room in a pool of blood and hire a taxi to the border? Does that make sense?

If you were Joran, suspected of a prior sensational international murder, and found a stiff in your room, would you throw yourself on the mercy of the Peruvian police and courts---or panic and flee?

Sure, Joran is probably an a$$hole. I'm not saying he's probably innocent, I'm saying his guilt is far from certain.

Last edited by jtur88; 06-03-2010 at 12:05 PM..

Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,587,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Breaking - CNN reports that "Joran van der Sloot, wanted in slaying in Peru, has been apprehended in Chile."
It should take them about 2 weeks to send him to Peru, try him,,find him guilty and take him out in the jungle and shoot him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime