Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 03:31 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrinmass View Post
I noticed when we were in Tucson in May there were a lot of long sleeve shirts and full pants even in 105 degree temperatures......
Even without a convertible, the sun beating into your car can make your skin hurt. Like many Arizona residents, I keep a towel in my car to cover my steering wheel -- sometimes it's impossible to find a parking space where the sun won't hit there, even if you have window visors in place. I can't tell you how many times I've draped that towel over my arm and shoulder because I was in actual pain. If I have a long car trip planned, I always wear long sleeves and long pants and have sun screen on my face and hands. There's only so much an air-conditioner can do.

You also have to be really careful touching your car when it's been parked in the sun. I know a car dealer who was burned putting his hand on a car that had been outside on his lot for days. He said, "I, of all people, should know better."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 11:28 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Another problem with cars in extreme heat is leather seats,damn they will burn your butt off if you arent careful.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:52 AM

9,600 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Another problem with cars in extreme heat is leather seats,damn they will burn your butt off if you arent careful.
Great point, Jambo.

Leather in a Convertible is bad . . . Vinyl is even worse.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:30 PM

25 posts, read 77,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Conversely, try sitting on leather or vinyl seats after a -20 below night following a midwest winter snowstorm. Its like sitting on a block of ICE!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:31 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Or get a spendier convertible with heated/or AC'd seats?

Old 08-10-2010, 11:16 PM

9,600 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Or get a spendier convertible with heated/or AC'd seats?
Don't believe those ads, Granny . . .

It takes time for those seats to either cool down or warm up.

Old 08-11-2010, 08:07 AM

308 posts, read 790,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane Grey View Post
Conversely, try sitting on leather or vinyl seats after a -20 below night following a midwest winter snowstorm. Its like sitting on a block of ICE!

That is one way I would know it was at least -10 back in NY. When I got into my car to move it while shoveling snow off the driveway, the seat felt like there were no springs in it. Boy, I miss those days

Old 08-14-2010, 07:44 PM

56 posts, read 116,783 times
I remove the T tops and enjoy a early evening drive up in the foothills.. and then maybe an ice cream cone but, not in the Vette. Tucson is a big change from Cape Cod but, I have enjoyed the people and the scenery. It is a bit slower. Well, everything is a bit slower here. Your blood pressure will drop as soon as you get here.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:03 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,797,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoody7 View Post
.... Tucson is a big change from Cape Cod but, I have enjoyed the people and the scenery. ....
Kwoody7:

I'm in Wellfleet. Where you from on the Cape? My spouse and I are going to be in GV for two months in 2011 (Feb/March) looking for a place. I'll be retiring end of Sept. Any suggestions?

Rich

Old 08-15-2010, 06:14 AM

298 posts, read 948,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCapeCod View Post
Kwoody7:

I'm in Wellfleet. Where you from on the Cape? My spouse and I are going to be in GV for two months in 2011 (Feb/March) looking for a place. I'll be retiring end of Sept. Any suggestions?

Rich

Wow seems like we all can not wait to leave Massachusetts and get out to the land of sunshine. I have 12 more years before retirement but hope to get out there a lot sooner than that. I want to get out there with Raytheon. I do work for them now but am waiting for the economy to turn around so we can sell our home and get a relocation to the warmer climate. We have been to Tucson twice in the past 2 years. We really liked the Sahuarita area with the pecan trees. Kinda made it seems a little more like here in the northeast. Good luck all you Mass people trying to warm up.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson