U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-23-2010, 08:33 PM

2,486 posts, read 375,141 times
Default Del Webb vs Robson

Anyone live in or very familiar with the Del Webb's in the Tucson area or the Robson in Oracle?

Interested in the pro's and cons, seems the Robson Saddlebrooke and Saddlebrooke Ranch are higher priced per square foot than the Del Webb Rancho Del Lago.

Interested in how the communities compare to each other, Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 10:39 PM

944 posts, read 1,279,005 times
Quite a bit of difference from Del Lago to Saddlebrooke. Del Lago is SE and Saddlebrooke is NW Tucson, actually into Pinal County. Saddlebrooke is an very large well established community, has been around quite some time, but still has some new construction going. Both Del Lago and Saddlebrooke Ranch are new construction (2009). Sadlebrooke is more of a mini town with over 4,ooo homes. Sits up by the Catalina Mountains, kind of tucked away all by itself with some stunning mountain views. Saddlebrooke and Saddlebrooke Ranch are more upscale than Del Lago. Not that there is anything wrong with Del Lago, they are nice new homes, but smaller homes and much smaller lots,( many around .1 acre) and not as many standard upgrades as one would find in Saddlebrooke. As a general rule lots in Del Lago are about half the size of lots in Saddlebrooke. Homes in Saddlebrooke will run from the mid 200's all the way up to 1 Million, so a wide range of living styles in the different areas. Saddlebrooke Ranch is 5 miles north of Saddlebrooke, so it is a bit further away from Oro Valley area shopping and restaurants. It is new, with not many homes built yet, an 18 hole golf course, and a killer clubhouse with new state of the art equipment. Speaking of golf, this can get confusing. All three are built around golf courses. In Saddlebrooke, there are two HOA's. HOA 1 has 3 different 9 hole courses (private), that they rotate around to give you differnt feel to the course. HOA 2, has two 18 hole courses AND the 18 holes up at Saddlebrooke Ranch. So if you live in Saddlebrooke Ranch or HOA 2 in SB, you have three 18 hole courses to choose from, if you live in SB 1, you have the three 9 holes courses you can play, or play any of the other three 18 hole couses for the walk on public pay rate! Confused yet? Del Lago has a single 18 hole course. Not to make things more confusing have you thought about Quail Creek in Green Valley, it is another Robson community. It's designed almost identical to Saddlebrook Ranch except it is much more established. Also built around a golf course. And if golfing is not your thing you might consider the Canoa Ranch area in Green Valley. Very nice area but not paying for a golf course in your development, though there are many nearby. And then of course Heritage Highlands at Dove Mountain in Marana might be worth a look too, it is a very popular area in NW Tucson. You really need to check them out in person, they all have a totally different feel to them.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:02 PM

Thanks, great info. Already went to Green Valley and ruled it out due to the water quality issues, lack of shopping and copper mines.

Had a friend go to Saddlebrooke and Saddlebrooke Ranch. Only negative it that you are 10 miles to the mall and grocery shopping. But hands down better quality that Del Webb Rancho Del Lago.

Thanks for the input, still trying to make a decision.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:00 AM

Thanks. I had a builder friend look at both locations. He seemed to think after looking at current homes under construction that the Robson homes were built better.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:48 AM

245 posts, read 72,131 times
Default Rancho Del Lago and SaddleBrook or ?

We are in MN and looking at our next home in AZ. I've done lots of reading on the web about these two developments. First, my wife likes crafts such as sewing/quilting. I like hiking in mountains (not just walking around tracks). Neither of us are golfers but might take it up (I lived on the Monterey Peninsula for several years, walked the courses but had no interest in playing).

We prefer floor plans of newer homes and thought maybe Rancho Del Lago would be better than Saddlebrook. However, after reading this forum I'm not so sure. Can I get more home for the dollar at RDL? I like the pre established neighborhoods idea of Saddlebrook. We built in a newer neighborhood here and the constant construction plus non-mature landscaping was a negative. We're looking to spend no more than $200k.

We're going to Phoenix/Tucson this summer (yes, summer!) to visit but in the meantime I very much appreciate your input and ideas!

Old 04-02-2014, 05:49 AM

7 posts, read 5,742 times
My wife and I were in similar circumstances: looking for an active 55+ community in the SW. We looked extensively through AZ, NM & UT, starting our search online and then later visiting communities on our short list. We looked at both Rancho Del Lago and Saddlebrooke, along with a numberof other communities during a two-state exploratory trip. Out of all of the communities that we looked atwe were most impressed with Saddlebrooke. The quality of the home construction was better that what we saw at other(non-Robson) properties. The amenities and social opportunities there were extensive and the community itself had a well maintained and stable feel to it. Even in the oldest part of the community, established in the mid 80’s, the homes and property were very well kept and looked as nice as in the newer sections.

I’m not a golfer either, but I was pleased to learn that their hiking club http://saddlebrookehikingclub.com/ has over 500 members and their roadcycling club is one of the largest in AZ. My wife is a painter and into arts & crafts and we found that thereare plenty of opportunities for her as well

We ended up retaining a local realtor and looked at several other communities before confirming that we wanted to relocate into Saddlebrooke. We looked at a number of really nice re-sales (this is probably the most cost effective option) before deciding we wanted to spend the extra money and build new. The design process allowed us to create exactly what we wanted in our home and the developer has been very responsive and good to work with to this point. They just broke ground on our home this week and our new neighbors (who have been unbelievably friendly) have been keeping us updated with e-mailed photos of the construction process.

Saddlebrooke and its newer sister community, SaddlebrookeRanch is about a 35 minute drive from downtown Tucson, but there is plenty oflocal shopping on Oracle Rd. 10-15 minutes away. Coming from a somewhat rural setting now we didn’t find the drive to the stores to be inconvenient. This, like every other aspect of picking a community, is very personal though.)

The best thing that you can do is to visit the prospective communities, talk to residents and then plan on staying for at least a week in a VRBO to get a feel for the lifestyle. Better yet, rent a home for a month or longer as that will give you a change to really look around and ask questions. I strongly encourage you to retain a local realtor, who can provide you with insights on the various options and represent your interests in the building / purchase process. Mine has been great.

Best of luck in your search!

Old 04-02-2014, 09:35 AM

245 posts, read 72,131 times
Default Saddlebrook vs RDL

Thanks TJO! I tried to message you but forum apparently restricts direct messages to 1 a day. I'm most interested in your experience at Saddlebrook and other locations. I'll be in touch.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:43 PM

5,172 posts, read 4,815,656 times
I read recently that there are still a few empty lots at the original SaddleBrooke and they are allowing people to choose the home styles from the newer SaddleBrooke Ranch if they preferred to build them. I went on the tour of model homes at SBR and I was really impressed with the attractiveness and flow of the newer styles. So it was interesting to know you could combine the stability of original SB with the newer home styles of SBR. My brother was visiting from Chicago last week and he golfed at two of the SaddleBrooke courses. He really liked them.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:38 AM

7 posts, read 5,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I read recently that there are still a few empty lots at the original SaddleBrooke and they are allowing people to choose the home styles from the newer SaddleBrooke Ranch if they preferred to build them. I went on the tour of model homes at SBR and I was really impressed with the attractiveness and flow of the newer styles. So it was interesting to know you could combine the stability of original SB with the newer home styles of SBR. My brother was visiting from Chicago last week and he golfed at two of the SaddleBrooke courses. He really liked them.

This is accurate as my wife & I chose this option. We found a model/floor plan we really liked at the SB Ranch model center and was able have it built on a lot down in Saddlebrooke. FYI The developer does charge more if you want to build in SB as they are trying to sell more lots in the Ranch. I think that there are somewhere between 15-20 lots left in Saddlebrooke.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:19 AM

11 posts, read 12,589 times
I have looked extensively at all the Del Webb and Robson properties in Arizona. There are a lot of lawsuits against Del Webb for building defective homes by residents. Do a Google search on "Del Webb lawsuits". In contrast Robson has a sparkling reputation for quality. Do your research but remember Del Webb is built by Pulte which has a horrible reputation for quality related issues and poor customer service. My wife and I are building in SBR near Oracle. I'd advise to beware of Del Webb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson