U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 07:41 AM

42,844 posts, read 54,411,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_shane View Post
Waiting for a bus that long isn't a promising thought... hmm.
It's not just the waiting... You have to do transfers as the buses run on parallel major streets for the most part. The blocks between them are really long walks! Essentially, you'll have to arrange everything - work, home, grocery shopping, etc. on one major street like Speedway or Broadway in order to make it. If you are to do it, these two are your best bets. There are many apartments on both. I'd recommend the eastern parts of them - between Wilmot and Camino Seco, let's say. You can start even at Craycroft. This way you'll have a mall close by, too. On Speedway there are grocery stores at Wilmot & Pantano; on Broadway - at Kolb & Camino Seco.

If you don't mind rain, I'd say Portland, OR, would be a good choice for you. Their light rail is great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 AM

434 posts, read 655,344 times
Yeah, it's best to live next door to a supermarket and a small shopping area. You don't want to have to rely on the bus to get you supplies and food.
I lived on Campbell across from the Albertson's for a year and really enjoyed that, although I hated the apartment and the neighborhood wasn't the best. It's difficult to find a decent rental that's also within walking distance of these things.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatimundi View Post
Yeah, it's best to live next door to a supermarket and a small shopping area. You don't want to have to rely on the bus to get you supplies and food.
I lived on Campbell across from the Albertson's for a year and really enjoyed that, although I hated the apartment and the neighborhood wasn't the best. It's difficult to find a decent rental that's also within walking distance of these things.
It's not that hard. It's too bad K-Mart cut down their grocery section almost down to nothing because there is an apartment complex right next to it on Broadway & Kolb and another one a short block West of it. I don't really like K-Mart myself, but when there's little choice... There are also a few complexes on Pantano between Speedway & Broadway and there are grocery stores on both sides. Earlier I forgot the Sunflower Market on Broadway & Pantano.

I don't think OP has mentioned yet if she will work. Now THAT will make things very difficult! Otherwise, it's doable...

Old 02-25-2011, 10:57 PM

27 posts, read 39,646 times
Job is not an issue, I'm permanently disabled. ^^;; So yeah, it just comes down to being close to a grocery store especially. Thanks for the areas to look at, if I start looking to find specific complexes I'll start there. As to Portland, I'm not really interested in moving there, if I did go that way I'd most likely land in Seattle as I've lived there before off and on. I notice now that I am less used to rain, back then I swore it was in my blood. XD I'm also currently looking at Denver and Austin as options.

I'm a bit concerned over hearing elsewhere that water rationing might be put into play soon? That seems a bit scary in a hot environment even if it's just me in a small apartment. O.o

Old 02-26-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_shane View Post
Job is not an issue, I'm permanently disabled. ^^;;
You can make it work then. Good luck!

Quote:
I'm a bit concerned over hearing elsewhere that water rationing might be put into play soon? That seems a bit scary in a hot environment even if it's just me in a small apartment. O.o
IMO, that's nothing but scaremongering.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,340 times
I have a large dog and 2 cats and am having a hard time finding a place that will accept my kids. Does anyone know of anyone on the north end that will rent to big dogs.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:35 PM

5 posts, read 7,793 times
Hi! I've been accepted at the graduate school of UA. I would like to ask if the apartments near UA are good? I've searched in the UA Off-campus housing. Does anybody have an idea about Campus Walk or 10th Ave Condos (55 N. Cherry 215) or Saxton House (543 E. Speedway Blvd) or Casa Espana/Casa Royale (1725 N Park Ave)?

Old 03-03-2011, 07:47 PM

132 posts, read 162,169 times
Lady Shane, are you planning to visit Tucson so you can house hunt before you move here? Finding a nice apartment building on the bus line and near a shopping area might be a challenge.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:10 PM

434 posts, read 655,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alter_nick View Post
Hi! I've been accepted at the graduate school of UA. I would like to ask if the apartments near UA are good? I've searched in the UA Off-campus housing. Does anybody have an idea about Campus Walk or 10th Ave Condos (55 N. Cherry 215) or Saxton House (543 E. Speedway Blvd) or Casa Espana/Casa Royale (1725 N Park Ave)?
Apartments around UA are generally low-end, overpriced or both.
Campus Walk is condos that are almost all rented out. Very well-located, but 100% students and not very well maintained. Also very expensive.
Casa Espana is a lot of foreign grad students. Really poor complex for how much you pay. Also not a good location. 15-20 minute walk to UA through an area that is not the best and there's nothing as far as shops or restaurants there.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,850 times
look in the arizonia daily star news online in classifides section every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson