U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:43 PM

799 posts, read 1,375,777 times

Advertisements

I might be relocating there.
Wondered if there are any of my kind in Tucson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 05:31 PM

799 posts, read 1,375,777 times
Okay, I take it no transplants from Ohio or Indiana. Or, you don't want to admit it, hee hee.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:16 PM

631 posts, read 1,882,935 times
I slept last night in a Holiday Inn, does that count

I live in Indy but have family in Tucson. Depending on job outlook I might move to Tucson.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:31 PM

7,947 posts, read 16,026,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixcookie View Post
I might be relocating there.
Wondered if there are any of my kind in Tucson.
Will Northern California do, Twixcookie? ! ! ! !

Old 08-27-2007, 01:19 AM

20 posts, read 46,005 times
I've actually lived in both states my entire life. It seems everyone is AZ is from somewhere else.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:13 PM
slm

14 posts, read 58,534 times
Hi Twixcookie, I am an Ohioan ( 20 mi west of Cleveland), and I got a job transfer and will be relocating to Tucson. Honestly, I havent heard too many good things about the area on this forum. I visited out there in April and June of this year and saw alot of run down places. I have had it with Ohio winters so I am looking forward to the year round nice ( I know-HOT!!) weather. Alot of people I talked to when I was out there moved from other places, and they love it. So, I am hoping for the best. Where in Ohio are you from? Good luck to you if you decide to make the move there.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:23 PM

42,844 posts, read 54,411,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
Hi Twixcookie, I am an Ohioan ( 20 mi west of Cleveland), and I got a job transfer and will be relocating to Tucson. Honestly, I havent heard too many good things about the area on this forum. I visited out there in April and June of this year and saw alot of run down places. I have had it with Ohio winters so I am looking forward to the year round nice ( I know-HOT!!) weather. Alot of people I talked to when I was out there moved from other places, and they love it. So, I am hoping for the best. Where in Ohio are you from? Good luck to you if you decide to make the move there.
Well, there are run-down places just like anywhere else. They tend to be quite localized, though. It's not like some cities where the environment changes abruptly from block to block. As far as housing goes, there are plenty of nice areas. You know how it goes... you get what you (can) pay for. I personally love the weather (like it warm). The desert has its beauty and it is green.

Tucson is heaven for people enjoying sports - joggers, hikers, bikers, etc. (I'm not into this stuff) and it's better for families than for singles. My beef with Tucson is the lack of downtown mostly (meaning people watching, window shopping, outdoor cafes and restaurants), the ugly colors, the smokers' discrimination (but that's the case state-wide and almost nation-wide). The average and mean wages are not the greatest, either, but you have to remember that the inhabitants' of the run-down areas wages are also included, so your personal situation may be quite nice. Zip codes vary considerably, though, just like anywhere else again.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:45 AM

140 posts, read 282,319 times
Hi former Ohioan here. I'm originally from Columbus. Lived there my whole life until 10yrs ago, moved here. I personally love Tucson. I too hated the Ohio winters and love the beautiful weather here. Yes it's insanely hot here in the summer...but I go to my air conditioned car to my air conditioned destination. It's not extremely hot all year round. There are plenty of perfectly beautiful days weather wise here. Lots to see and do in my opion. Also it's cooler here than the big city of Phoenix. I'm happy we moved here.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:50 PM

12 posts, read 104,039 times
SLM,

20 miles west of Cleveland must place you somewhere near Avon. I was raised in Avon but left 30+ years ago. Most of that time was in CA but the past 3 have been in Lake Havasu AZ. We’re now looking for acreage SE of Tucson. Certainly don’t miss the snow, slush, rain, humidity, cloudy days. Plus plenty of Browns Backers in AZ; the best of both worlds.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:12 PM
slm

14 posts, read 58,534 times
HEY THERE SmokemanGRP, You got it right!!!! I am in Avon, and been here since 1968, (graduated from Avon High 1975)- and if you have been back here over the last few years.. you know how much it changed from being a small little farm town community to nothing but shopping and LOTS of traffic!!!! How many more pizza places do we need?? I think I can count 6 or 7 now. I use to know most of the residents and certainly all of the strret names back then.....but now??? Well, if you happen to turn into one of the new developements--you might get lost and never come out!! haha. Well thanks for the response-I am looking forward to the move out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson