U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:45 AM

42,837 posts, read 78,836,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
WOW, SierraAZ . . . lots here for me to respond.

NO, I am not "in the Real Estate Business" in any way. However, I do believe home ownership has more positives than negatives even if there is no "windfall" when time to sell. As I pointed out earlier, a break-even (extremely unlikely) would be far better and more rewarding than paying rent for five years. Many years of rent receipts are nothing but a dead end.

As for your comment . . .

Considering your situation, my recommendation would be for you to NEVER read and/or listen to any of the "doomsday" reports (correction: any reports whatsoever) which would also apply if you have money invested in the Stock Market. There is absolutely no reason for you to be "scared to death" over the current or near future value of your home if you have no plans to sell other than maybe more gray hair and loss of sleep. Enjoy your home and think positive.

Believe me . . . "SCARED TO DEATH" will not help and/or improve the situation in any way!

Now, back to the original subject . . . I still feel this is a great time to buy for the long haul but NOT for the "Fast Buck Freddys" only looking for a quick buck.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH!
I wouldn't have even posted if the person was buying long-term or if he/she was local. I believe it is risky to do so in this time frame and decided to let him/her know. Now there are enough opinions to be considered and the buyer can do more research and make a good decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,365 times
Default Hi All,

Thanks, for your advices. This is a really hard decision to take...
What about, the area? Marana or Vail?

Thanks,

Old 09-11-2007, 04:53 PM

9,371 posts, read 26,543,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmi View Post

Thanks,
My first choice would be Marana, Palmi.

Good Luck

Old 09-11-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Although my opinion is of course just that (an opinion) and not worth any more than anyone else's here, I tend to agree with Bummer and Ozark Nana (as opposed to sierraAZ (with apologies)). I do think it could be a good time to buy.
Ken
I didn't say it was necessarily bad for everybody. I just said it's quite risky if you need to sell within 4-5 years. Any disagreement's fine, though. As a matter of fact, it's helpful for somebody who's not here (even though there's plenty info online, you don't always know what to look for from overseas) to see different opinions, which would prompt him to do his own research and arrive at an informed decision.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:

Thanks,
That would be a matter of preference, I guess... To me, both places are quite far from town (whatever town is in this place...), so it would depend a lot on where you're gonna be working. Both fall into good school districts, which is important consideration for resale value whether you care for this or not. Between the two, I'd prefer Vail for two reasons: I believe the potential long-term appreciation in Vail would be better (but that wouldn't matter in your time frame) and this area is a lot prettier nature-wise, again IMO.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:46 AM

529 posts, read 2,133,342 times
Quote:

Thanks,
I suppose it mostly depends on which side of town you prefer living on. As sierraAZ mentioned they are pretty much on opposite sides of town. I would consider the Northwest closer to a few more amenities but if you go out into Marana (off the Marana exit further north/west) it can be quite a drive into town. If you stick to areas like Continental Ranch or even Gladden Farms it isn't that bad. You're also closer to Phoenix!

If you have the option (and haven't yet), I would recommend visiting Tucson and spending a weekend driving around both areas to see which leaves a better impression on you.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:49 PM

7 posts, read 14,112 times
Marana is beautiful, however, please avoid Continental Ranch. It seems to be run by money-mongers and people with no sense of imagination. This place looks like robots live here. (I live here). You will find no kids in the street playing ball, no children skating or riding their bikes in the neighborhoods, no jumpropes, no cookouts with lots of family members, etc. People come home from work, open their garage with their automatic openers and disappear into their homes with not so much as a trace. I know none of my neighbors and have lived here almost 3 years. Look elsewhere and if there is a home owners association, please read ALL CC&Rs before signing anything.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony's Girl View Post
Marana is beautiful, however, please avoid Continental Ranch. It seems to be run by money-mongers and people with no sense of imagination. This place looks like robots live here. (I live here). You will find no kids in the street playing ball, no children skating or riding their bikes in the neighborhoods, no jumpropes, no cookouts with lots of family members, etc. People come home from work, open their garage with their automatic openers and disappear into their homes with not so much as a trace. I know none of my neighbors and have lived here almost 3 years. Look elsewhere and if there is a home owners association, please read ALL CC&Rs before signing anything.
Hmm, I don't believe it's much different anywhere else...

Old 09-24-2007, 05:30 PM

609 posts, read 632,671 times
Default Buy in Central Tucson

Hi Palmy,
The road system in Tucson is such a nightmare, I would not buy a home outside of central. The light to light to light to light driving here will leave you in tears. If you have other options than Tucson, choose one of them instead.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:03 PM

7 posts, read 14,112 times
But there ARE places where you see children playing and cookouts! I have lived there too! I once lived (on NE side) where 2 months after moving in, my neighbors were inviting me to join them in a neighborhood Easter egg hunt. I did not know any of these people but it was a great opportunity to do so. My children are all grown now and I have 2 small grandchildren. It would be nice to get to know my neighbors but as I said, I don't see anyone here.

I cannot see myself ringing my nieghbor's doorbell to borrow a cup of sugar in Continental Ranch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or