Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 AM

8 posts, read 13,320 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have recently bought a house in NW Tucson which we will use seasonally after we retire. Any suggestions on where I can get inexpensive internet for four months out of a year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 11:48 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracigib View Post
My husband and I have recently bought a house in NW Tucson which we will use seasonally after we retire. Any suggestions on where I can get inexpensive internet for four months out of a year?
Not necessary inexpensive, Tracigib . . .

Have you considered one of those MiFi set-ups offered by SPRINT PCS that you could actually take with you and use year round?

By the way . . . WELCOME TO TUCSON.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:35 PM

205 posts, read 729,676 times
I went with 4G MiFi from Verizon. Not cheap, $60 a month for 5GB download but pay as you go so I only pay the $60 for the months we're there. It's $50 a month if you sign a contract for continuous usage. In general, Tucson seems to have good 4G coverage so it gives us a pretty consistent 8MB down and 2MB up. The unit itself was about $100 - if you go with a non pay as you go plan, the unit it free IIRC. Of course, if you do any video downloading or gaming, 5GB isn't going to be enough but for "normal" usage, should be plenty.

However, another alternative that we are going to do instead is Comcast. They quoted us $59 a monthy, one year no contract, for 12MB Internet and their basic digital TV package AND it can be put into suspension for a maximum of six months. At the end of the one year, can renegotiate or find other service. It took a lot of phone calls to finally track this option down as the general sales people on the phone said it wasn't an option, took a supervisor to be able to enter whatever magic codes were needed. If can only be put into suspension once so won't work for a lot of back and forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: