Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 08:17 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,475,666 times

Advertisements

Thinking about going back to Tucson to regroup from a terrible year on the job front. Graduated from the U of A in the late 80's and left Tucson in 1995. Have family in the area, so I have a cheap place to stay for a little while.

Before I entertain the idea any further wanted to see what the job market looks like for a mid-career guy with a background in sales & marketing. Not looking to get rich, just want to get back on my feet again. Have a pretty solid resume in business to business sales, with two stints at Fortune 500 companies. Still have a small group of friends and family to help me network, degree from the U of A, so I have local connections.

Should I pack my bags?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 08:42 AM

444 posts, read 1,351,894 times
The economy in Tucson is, more or less, perpetually bad. It is not a place where you come to make money because wages are low. I'm sure you could find something. Would it be your dream job? Probably not. But the social networks and free place to stay will certainly help you. I mean, I think it's more about "Do you want to live in Tucson again?" If so, then go for it. Because you could probably move to almost any mid-sized city and eventually find a job in sales after a few months of hard looking.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,419,472 times
I know quite a few people that have been looking for employment for a VERY long time.
It sounds like you are sold on it though, so my suggestion is to look for work that allows you to work remotely (from your home). flexjobs.com has quite a few.
I think that enthusiasm is infectious- use it!
Good luck!

Old 06-08-2012, 10:09 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,475,666 times
Not sold on Tucson yet, but it's on my short list. I did a short stint as a manufacturers rep in the past, so may do something like that. Pick up 3-4 companies to represent and see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: