Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 08:58 AM

28 posts, read 54,907 times

Advertisements

I am planning a move from Michigan to Tucson this fall. I am traveling to Tucson for 2 wks this August and hopefully returning to Michigan having rented a townhome. My general price range is between 850-975 a month but would be open to a slight variation from that depending on the area and what the townhome complex provides. I've been reading several threads on the CD site. The areas of town that seem to be recommended are the north, northwest and west. I've also read that the areas of Saguaro National Monument East, La Cholla Air Park, Shadow Hill, and Hacienda Del Sol Rd were recommended. I don't need to be right near downtown. I am looking for the following - a townhome complex with pool, near biking and hking trails, pets allowed, realistic proximity to basic shopping and nightlife. I've also read that the areas of Saguaro National Monument East, La Cholla Air Park, Shadow Hill, and Hacienda Del Sol Rd were recommended. Any suggestions would be welcome - thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,853 times
Hello fellow Michigander! I too am wondering. I will also be relocating to Tucson from Mich but more like early winter..thank goodness i wont have to stay here for a full winter.

I would love to be within 10min biking/hiking/mountains, have a dog, and have not been able to visist prior to the move yet. i'll follow your post, hope to learn some great stuff as we will be renting 6mos before we buy.

Thank you, thank you in advance for any insight,advice,tips.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:57 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Big question, Midwest and GirlStrong . . . where will you be employed?

Tucson is fairly well spread out with only one freeway (I-10) going along the South and West side of town. Unfortunately, commuting, either via the freeway or city streets, from the Westside or the Northwest to say the far Eastside could be a real nightmare.

I live in a Patio Home near the Tucson Mall, Stone and River, and have all of the "features" you have mentioned, however, commuting even to the airport could be a real booger.

Welcome and Good Luck

Old 07-22-2012, 10:41 PM

532 posts, read 1,176,984 times
Speaking from personal experience, there's some nice townhomes on Limberlost between Mountain and Campbell that are very nice. Not sure about the price but probably in your budget. The area is very quiet and borders River Rd. Lived there for a while and never had any issues and felt completely safe. I feel it's worth considering due to its more centralized location rather than the NW side.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:45 AM

Subie2 - Thank you for the townhome tip. I'll be in Tucson from 8/11-8/25. My goal in these next two weeks is to locate as many townhome complexes as possible to look at during that time. Question - do any actual townhome complex names come to mind? I'm trying to locate them online and then make a note of name, phone number, location. One I've found is Bella Vista. Any pros & cons on that one? Thanks again for your tip. Please reply again if you know of any actual townhome complex names.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Big question, Midwest and GirlStrong . . . where will you be employed?

Tucson is fairly well spread out with only one freeway (I-10) going along the South and West side of town. Unfortunately, commuting, either via the freeway or city streets, from the Westside or the Northwest to say the far Eastside could be a real nightmare.

I live in a Patio Home near the Tucson Mall, Stone and River, and have all of the "features" you have mentioned, however, commuting even to the airport could be a real booger.

Welcome and Good Luck
Hello and thank you for your contribution to this thread. My trip is getting close (8/11-8/25), so any suggestions are welcome. I work from home so a commute would not be an issue for me. The three areas of Tucson that you mention are the same areas that I am interested in looking. As said to Subie2, any actual names of townhome complexes that you know of would be appreciated. Could you please describe what you mean by 'Patio Home'. Thanks again

Old 07-25-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest_4 View Post
Subie2 - Thank you for the townhome tip. I'll be in Tucson from 8/11-8/25. My goal in these next two weeks is to locate as many townhome complexes as possible to look at during that time. Question - do any actual townhome complex names come to mind? I'm trying to locate them online and then make a note of name, phone number, location. One I've found is Bella Vista. Any pros & cons on that one? Thanks again for your tip. Please reply again if you know of any actual townhome complex names.
Sorry for the duplicate post - please read my reply to your comments above - I'm a rookie user of the CD site LOL

Old 07-25-2012, 11:59 AM

532 posts, read 1,176,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest_4 View Post
I drive cab so I can try to make note of some when I'm working tomorrow and the weekend and get back to you? If so, just PM me and remind me please.

As far as Bella Vista, never rented there myself, however looking at the map I know where it is. (Grant/Country Club area). It's in the area we consider Midtown which has some older decent places mixed in with some so-so places and some college living. Now people are not going to automatically point you into this area due to the mix I speak of. However doing the job I do, I get to go to numerous places all over Tucson so I can tell you looking at the map that this is in an area that has a lot of little townhome complexes due to U of A students. I have a good female customer that lives down the street from Bella Vista. They seem relatively new and the neighborhood quiet. Again, PM me a reminder and I can try to go check out the area and I work graveyard so I'd see it at night when it's most likely to be iffy if it would be

Last edited by Subie2; 07-25-2012 at 12:07 PM..

Old 07-25-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlStrong View Post
Hello fellow Michigander! I too am wondering. I will also be relocating to Tucson from Mich but more like early winter..thank goodness i wont have to stay here for a full winter.

I would love to be within 10min biking/hiking/mountains, have a dog, and have not been able to visist prior to the move yet. i'll follow your post, hope to learn some great stuff as we will be renting 6mos before we buy.

Thank you, thank you in advance for any insight,advice,tips.
Hello back at ya.....What a pick me up that folks started to reply to my thread. Thank you. I will share my townhome findings with you. I am just this week starting to make a list of complexes I want to look at while I am there (8/11-8/25). Wish me luck and share back if you can....

Old 07-25-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie2 View Post
I drive cab so I can try to make note of some when I'm working tomorrow and the weekend and get back to you? If so, just PM me and remind me please.
Subie2 - do you cover the northwest, west and east sides of Tucson? I can't thank you enough for anything you can stear me to. I'll check back daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson