Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:43 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,698,948 times

Advertisements

My wife and I recently came back from celebrating 24 years of marriage and we specifically chose Tucson. Long story short, the first time we visited Tucson we didn't have a great experience. We deliberately went back to see if that first time was a fluke. It was! We had a great time hanging out in the city, going to Mt. Lemmon and enjoying the street festival. Oh, the local, non-chain restaurants were a nice change.

The people were friendly and as large as the city is it still retains a "hometown" feel. We learned about new areas and, as small as this may seem, were ecstatic we could drink the tap water! My wife, who was pretty down on the city since our first visit, looks forward to visiting again. Just wanted to share the good report.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 08:38 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,876,706 times
I dream of Tucson often, it's a great and beautiful city.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:07 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,028,194 times
what happened the first time?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:20 PM

9,595 posts, read 31,615,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
My wife and I recently came back from celebrating 24 years of marriage and we specifically chose Tucson. Long story short, the first time we visited Tucson we didn't have a great experience. We deliberately went back to see if that first time was a fluke. It was! We had a great time hanging out in the city, going to Mt. Lemmon and enjoying the street festival. Oh, the local, non-chain restaurants were a nice change.

The people were friendly and as large as the city is it still retains a "hometown" feel. We learned about new areas and, as small as this may seem, were ecstatic we could drink the tap water! My wife, who was pretty down on the city since our first visit, looks forward to visiting again. Just wanted to share the good report.
Beautiful post, Goolsbyjazz . . .

Thankfully you gave Tucson a second chance and hopefully your next trip will be even more positive.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:04 PM

10,733 posts, read 23,714,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
I dream of Tucson often, it's a great and beautiful city.
Was just there for the first time last weekend. It is indeed a very good looking city in a gorgeous location. I had fun at the 4th Ave street fair. Downtown is nice, cool architecture, and great people. Tucson feels good.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:14 PM

181 posts, read 438,424 times
LOL. I certainly have some cities on my lifetime boycott list.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:30 PM

9,511 posts, read 16,441,079 times
I was there last week for a few days. I was impressed with much of what I saw. I had passed thru Tucson before but never to look it over. The ride up to Mt Lemmon was just beautiful. I had no idea the mountains were so close to Tucson. To go from a Desert to the high country right outside a city was a new experience for me. Then Sabino Canyon and Old Tucson Studios. It was a nice trip with much to see. I'll see the rest on another trip. Tucson is really in a beautiful setting.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 AM

1,433 posts, read 2,975,355 times
Yes it's a nice place to visit certain times of the year. Looking forward to all the positive comments starting mid-May through summer and early fall.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,698,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
what happened the first time?
We stayed at a local resort and hiked some caverns during the day. We didn't know anything about the city and didn't know where to go for local fare so it seemed boring. I am glad we tried again. We did, however, get advice from friends who live there and it made a huge difference.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:25 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,276,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actinic View Post
Yes it's a nice place to visit certain times of the year. Looking forward to all the positive comments starting mid-May through summer and early fall.
I moved here from Pennsylvania eight years ago and I don't intend to stay for the rest of my life. Which I say so you won't think I'm a Tucson cheerleader. But I haven't experienced anything from mid-May through early fall here that is any more uncomfortable and inconvenient than the weather in Pennsylvania from December through April. Not having to worry every single day if it's going to rain, snow, or sleet ... how you should dress ... what you might have to do to take care of your home and property is quite freeing. And if you hate the heat, is staying mostly indoors at the height of the "bad" weather any worse than staying indoors because it's snowing or freezing? At least I look out the window and see a sunny sky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: