Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 07:20 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,861,766 times

Advertisements

Kind of cool that this thread got a little life. Since I first posted, we have looked for and chosen a home. We just closed on a house in Green Valley on 4 acres. 2400 sq ft, all tile, vaulted ceiling in great room, beehive fireplace, 12x40 pool and a spectacular view of the Santa Ritas from the back patio (and great room). We paid $345k which is on the higher end of our budget, but this is out forever home, so no regrets. It feel like we are in the country, but literally minutes from shopping and restaurants. We are not able to move untiil this coming June, but we have housesitters in place and they are sharing lots of pics and videos with us. We have Javelina that visit frequently for naps under the trees. We also have had rabbits, lots of birds including a Harris Hawk, a juvenile Bobcat and some deer just down the road.

It is truly painful not to be able to move yet, but glad our housesitters are enjoying the place and keeping it safe until we can get there......just in time for the monsoon season!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 08:43 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,799,200 times
Congratulations on the new home. My wife and I snowbird in GV (Cape Cod in the summer). Bkolodzi, where in the world did you find four acres in GV??

Rich

Old 11-03-2013, 01:30 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,861,766 times
Green Valley Acres near La Canada and Continental. I can't wait to get moved!!!

Old 11-03-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
Green Valley Acres near La Canada and Continental. I can't wait to get moved!!!
Thought so! I like the large pieces of property the houses there sit on. Didn't realize some lots were four acres in size.

I'm further south, off West Calle Tres.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:11 AM

6 posts, read 5,835 times
Default come on down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
My girlfriend and I are planning to move to the Tucson area from Oregon next summer. We decided on Tucson after doing an online search for the sunniest cities in the US. I have a daughter who wants to finish high school here or we would be gone already. We have been looking at real estate on azmoves.com (an excellent site) for almost a year and have decided on the Green Valley/Sahuarita area just south of Tucson, but have not completely ruled out Tucson proper. It looks like we can find a nice Spanish style house on a little bit of land for 350k to 400k. We are looking in GV Acres and Madera Reserve as well as Sahuarita.
I have read a ton of posts on this forum and decided to register and post a new thread as suggested in a different thread. I have "driven" around the area a lot using Google Earth and know my way around town pretty well already. We are just looking for feedback from folks who live there in terms of pros and cons and just your personal observations. We are mid 50s to early 60s and one of us is still working. We are looking for warmth and sunshine and to leave the drab gray days and seemingly endless rain behind (we are well aware of the hot summers in the Tucson area). Looking forward to your replies!!!
Dont believe most of the hype,G.V. is a wonderfull and sometimes very hot place.As a Painting and handyman Contractor.I suggest that you have 2 or more Independent home inspectors checklist from the roof on down(some homes) especially the Reserves have very shoddy workmanship.Not to scare you away,just check it out.Good Day! Bryan

Old 01-10-2014, 06:04 PM

6 posts, read 10,167 times
My wife and I moved here from Vancouver, washington 2 years ago. We love it here because we can see open blue skys most of the time. We were tired of the gray all the time in the n.west. We live in Green Valley, Quail Creek and love the community. The commute for larger shopping and city entertainment, eating is only 23 minutes away and easy to the airport. We checked many places to retire to and we really am satisfied and feel we chose the best location. If anybody else is thinking of moving here but want to just try it out, Robson, Quail Creek has a 3 day, all emmenities included, except food for around $100.00. Just go to their web site and check it out.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 PM

Quail Creek is really outside the bounds of Green Valley. This means you cannot participate in the Green Valley Recreation program. This is a multi-building, multi-group series of programs that really make Green Valley a rather special place.

Just my observation on the matter.

Rich

Old 01-11-2014, 12:50 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCapeCod View Post
Quail Creek is really outside the bounds of Green Valley. This means you cannot participate in the Green Valley Recreation program. This is a multi-building, multi-group series of programs that really make Green Valley a rather special place.

Just my observation on the matter.

Rich

I have been in Green Valley for ten days at this point. GVR is really something else, and a lot of the amenities of the community are excellent.

One benefit that no one ever brings up in the Sun Tran Shuttles to Tucson. Where can you take a bus from Green Valley to anywhere in the Tucson area for $1.50. It is a lot cheaper than driving.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:54 AM

2,841 posts, read 3,198,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post

One benefit that no one ever brings up in the Sun Tran Shuttles to Tucson. Where can you take a bus from Green Valley to anywhere in the Tucson area for $1.50. It is a lot cheaper than driving.
This must be a new service, and it was really needed.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:28 AM

134 posts, read 158,409 times
Lifelister, that's great information!~ I'm looking to retire in the Tucson area in 5 years, and have fun looking online. I have a question, and I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but are there any issues being so close to the Mexican border? My only idea of Mexico is being a dangerous place for tourists. :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson