Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 05:25 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,316,869 times

Advertisements

Tucson's Restaurant Renaissance | Chow Feature | Tucson Weekly

looks the the dining scene in downtown is on the ascendance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 PM

58 posts, read 143,427 times
I hope, hope, hope that includes good, authentic Thai. My (Thai) husband and I are retiring there in the next month or two and the Yelpers aren't very reassuring. We've had one decent Thai restaurant in The Fort for the past ten years or so, and a reeeeally killer one for the past two. He's going to be heartbroken to end up back in a Thai food wasteland after finally living the dream again.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:25 AM

205 posts, read 729,514 times
I hope it includes a real seafood restaurant. I knew we have a couple that bill themselves as suc but coming from the Chesapeake Bay, I'm used to fresh fish right off the boat, steamed crabs, fresh tuna steaks being cut right at the dock. I know it has to be flown into Tucson and that makes it both expensive and often less than fresh and I've been told by a couple of people that bringing up seafood from Mexico is problematic and most restaurants avoid it. That's unfortunate because I've had some really good fish in Puerto Penasco but that's a bit of a drive for good seafood .

Other than that, we've found places to satisfy our varying tastes in different ethnic foods. Best Mexican food I've had in my life and surprisingly good Chinese. Steaks and ribs accommodated quite nicely, Italian very well represented and one little Vietnamese place that was exceptional

Old 05-28-2013, 08:26 PM
JCT

10 posts, read 21,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebBho View Post
I hope, hope, hope that includes good, authentic Thai. My (Thai) husband and I are retiring there in the next month or two and the Yelpers aren't very reassuring. We've had one decent Thai restaurant in The Fort for the past ten years or so, and a reeeeally killer one for the past two. He's going to be heartbroken to end up back in a Thai food wasteland after finally living the dream again.
Saing Thai in Rita Ranch is the best we have found so far (husband and I are NYC transplants).

Old 05-29-2013, 11:28 AM

833 posts, read 1,711,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCT View Post
Saing Thai in Rita Ranch is the best we have found so far (husband and I are NYC transplants).
IMHO, Luckie's Thai-Asain Cusine just down the road in the Fry's shopping center is much better, but I haven't been to Saing lately so it may be time to give it another try.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:44 PM

58 posts, read 143,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCT View Post
So I keep hearing! I also learned that China Thai on Tanque Verde is now owned by the same folks. I'm not certain that's correct, but I hope so since the home we have under contract is a stone's throw away (and probably an hour from Saing Thai).

Old 07-08-2013, 04:41 PM

5 posts, read 5,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom4416 View Post
I hope it includes a real seafood restaurant. I knew we have a couple that bill themselves as suc but coming from the Chesapeake Bay, I'm used to fresh fish right off the boat, steamed crabs, fresh tuna steaks being cut right at the dock. I know it has to be flown into Tucson and that makes it both expensive and often less than fresh and I've been told by a couple of people that bringing up seafood from Mexico is problematic and most restaurants avoid it. That's unfortunate because I've had some really good fish in Puerto Penasco but that's a bit of a drive for good seafood .

Other than that, we've found places to satisfy our varying tastes in different ethnic foods. Best Mexican food I've had in my life and surprisingly good Chinese. Steaks and ribs accommodated quite nicely, Italian very well represented and one little Vietnamese place that was exceptional
Where is surprisingly good Chinese restaurant you speak of?

Old 07-09-2013, 11:50 AM

344 posts, read 642,612 times
This is great news. Hopefully the Samaniego Place will stay open also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: