Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2014, 02:22 PM

612 posts, read 1,017,584 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about obtaining my Arizona real estate license, and it requires 90 hours of classroom training. I looked at a few of the schools I found via Google searches and they look a little "less than professional," just based upon viewing their websites.

Anyone out there have good or bad experiences to relate regarding the local schools ('d be taking the courses in Tucson)?

Or, conversely, does it matter which school I select? If anyone out there is involved in the local real estate market, or knows someone who is, and can comment as to weather or not there's any difference between the school that would be helpful as well.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 09:35 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,741,233 times
Home » Hogan School of Real Estate No they don't waste money on fancy websites, but they do have excellent instuctors.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:10 AM

612 posts, read 1,017,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickTucsonHomes View Post
Home » Hogan School of Real Estate No they don't waste money on fancy websites, but they do have excellent instuctors.
Thanks!

It wasn't the fanciness of the website I was critical of, but a general lack of attention to details for almost every school I looked at. Your website is, for better or worse, your front-door to the world and you should take care of it.

Hogan School's website, for example is a mess - a confusing jumble of information presented with a decided lack of concern for web standards and a color-scheme that really speaks to a misunderstanding of how to communicate information. It doesn't have to be fancy, but it can be clean and well-presented, and a solid presentation might communicate that they care about conveying information (fundamental, of course, to instruction).

It's a similar premise to resume presentation in the job-seeking process - it doesn't have to be printed on fancy paper, but if I hand a jumbled mess to a potential employer I am telling them I didn't take the care and effort to give them a useful document and, obviously, I cannot expect an interview!

Anyway ... all of that aside, I do appreciate the recommendation. Did you attend Hogan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: