Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2007, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,439 times

Advertisements

Anyone have an opinion of Basis school? It was listed in the top 10 of public high schools by Newsweek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 08:58 AM

37 posts, read 198,600 times
What exactly are you looking to find out?

Old 05-29-2009, 01:19 PM

602 posts, read 2,063,681 times
What a great post, BasisTeacher. My kid's already a college grad, but if I had a school aged kid here, I'd have sure appreciated all this info.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 AM

4 posts, read 12,741 times
I went to a school called Academy Of Math And Science. It was a blast there, The Teachers are nice. And they don't overload there teachers. When i went there for 9th grade it was 17 kids to a teacher. And for 10th Grade it was 10 kids to a teacher. I was adhd and they had the time to deal with me and still teach 1 grade ahead. plus they don't have a dress code that i know of except for the slutwear as i call it ( the whole rule of if your shorts don't go lower then your fingertips when your hands are straight down at your sides rule does apply (so no daisy dukes) and no halter tops.) other then that their pretty laid back and after your work is done you can mingle with the other students just as long as you don't bother the ones that might still be working. last i went there it was a awesome school. and i liked all the teachers because how nice they were to the students. and how much they cared about the students success in the classroom. as for the more disabled i don't know they might have added more programs but i haven't heard of them so don't count on it. as this is a privately funded school. and last i heard they didn't even have a lunch yet. all the kids had to either bring their lunch or order from a pizza hut it was about 2$ a slice plus drinks. but i tihnk they have added a actual school lunch last i saw they did have heating trays like a normal cafeteria at a regular school has. though they didn't have a kitchen so it was probably catered. but even with these minor imperfections the care at the school was way more worth it then the mass delivery of pizza's or the lack of funding. even through all that the teachers still loved their jobs, and the students loved learning.

by the way i didn't do very well at tusd. for the simple fact they'd rather drug me then deal with me. where at academy of math and science they dealt with me taught me and succeeded at both.

p.s. i didn't take their typing class so don't hold my typing against them lol

Old 08-16-2010, 12:05 AM

1 posts, read 3,621 times
Default How to get in to BASIS school in Tucson

I would like my son to go to BASIS Middle School, can you recommend the elementary school to put her in to guarantee placement at BASIS. Also, we currently live in Vail but we'll be moving to the Catalina Foothills. Would any of the Foothills elementary school work? Thanks.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:43 PM

21 posts, read 28,298 times
Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Basis is more mathematics and science oriented, is that correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson