Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 08:33 PM

52,253 posts, read 52,668,250 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I was wondering what the west side of Tucson is like. I noticed that Standard Pacific has a housing development out there off of Valencia rd. Is the area good or bad? Any thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 09:32 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Hello All,

I was wondering what the west side of Tucson is like. I noticed that Standard Pacific has a housing development out there off of Valencia rd. Is the area good or bad? Any thoughts??
Mainly for security reasons, Chowhound . . . I would avoid anything South and West.

Read the local news and you'll find many of the "Police Problems" seem to be in that area.

On the positive side . . . homes should be a little less expensive there.

Good Luck

Old 12-24-2007, 01:22 AM

1,029 posts, read 2,482,531 times
Quote:
Hello All,

We have a rental out there. No problems, and we did take 1 precaution and got an ADT alarm system.

Never had the alarm go off. No problems, and been there almost 3 years.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:57 AM

5 posts, read 18,373 times
There is crime everywhere. Not just the south side. It is relative to the amount of house you want for the $.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:43 PM

33 posts, read 163,256 times
Chowhound,

It depends on exactly how far west. If you're asking about as far south as Valencia, then it is likely not the safest area

However, there is a HUGE community college campus on the west side of town, and therefore there is also a ton of student housing out that way. There are also several tremendous, gorgeous million dollar houses scattered throughout the west side, so again, we'd need to know where exactly.

Also, on the plus side, houses are definitely cheaper out there!

Old 12-28-2007, 06:11 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,221 times
Quote:
Hello All,

Are you talking about Star Valley at Valencia and Wade? If that's the case, we're moving into a place there next week. It seems like a decent neighborhood to me.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
Are you talking about Star Valley at Valencia and Wade? If that's the case, we're moving into a place there next week. It seems like a decent neighborhood to me.
Wow, you'll be in Rocky Point in no time! It takes me a good hour to get to darn 86.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Wow, you'll be in Rocky Point in no time! It takes me a good hour to get to darn 86.
Oh, stop... it's not that bad.
My husband had a 40 mile one way commute back in MD, so this is a piece of cake compared to that.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
Oh, stop... it's not that bad.
My husband had a 40 mile one way commute back in MD, so this is a piece of cake compared to that.
I didn't mean to be mean. It really IS very convenient for a weekend on the beach! And if you work closer to this part of town, it's just fine.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I didn't mean to be mean. It really IS very convenient for a weekend on the beach! And if you work closer to this part of town, it's just fine.
Well, I work from home so my commute's always easy. My husband works pretty much downtown, but it doesn't seem too hateful. Good to know that we're a little closer to the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson