Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2015, 01:40 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,933,713 times

Advertisements

I have been considering moving over from Las Cruces for a month in Tucson .i really have enjoyed my two months in NM, but it's just a bit colder than I like and I know Tucson is a good 10 degrees warmer in winter..My thoughts are to drive the RV over for a month ,then the final month of winter come back to NM , Santa Fe to be exact. ( all subject to change depending on how long a winter they are having back in the UP Michigan)

I have never got of I-10 Tucson before, that's as close as I have been and, it's time for another new experience on what's great to see, best eating , anyone care to comment. ? I have no interest in golf or sports of any kind. Love history, art , architecture and am a foodie when it comes to the best tasting eatables ,regardless of charm or fancy, just the best of everything ! Looking at Feb. 7 arrival date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 10:52 AM

68 posts, read 216,939 times
Under your "eating" category, there's a local takeout (a few tables to eat inside) chain called Lucky Wishbone. Nothing like it anywhere else I've been. 5 or 6 locations all around town. Great pan-fried chicken, steak fingers (food of the gods) and shrimp. Burgers and chicken sandwiches, too. Hint for the Luckyburger: put their coleslaw on it- best ever.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:39 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanaMan View Post
Under your "eating" category, there's a local takeout (a few tables to eat inside) chain called Lucky Wishbone. Nothing like it anywhere else I've been. 5 or 6 locations all around town. Great pan-fried chicken, steak fingers (food of the gods) and shrimp. Burgers and chicken sandwiches, too. Hint for the Luckyburger: put their coleslaw on it- best ever.

So much grease in one location. It is a place that you truly want to AVOID.

And the chicken is DEEP-FRIED, not pan fried.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:25 PM

344 posts, read 642,612 times
Hi, I went to 7-8th grade in Cruces, (Holy Cross) and moved to Tucson for High School fifty years ago
But, my son's went to grad school at NM State so we have been going back for the past 10 years.
The Mexican food is different, Cruces is a Tex-Mex and Tucson is Sonoran, both will make you happy and a bit chubby.
Tucson is warmer than Cruces but not as bad as Phoenix. However 105 doesn't really feel different that 110. In AZ, Tucson is 5 degrees cooler that Phoenix on any given day, Sierra Vista is 5 degrees cooler than Tucson, and Bisbee is 5 degrees cooler than Sierra Vista. Bisbee and Cruces are about the same.
As did many of my generation I worked part time at the 'Bone' and if you need to be filled with a yearly supply of grease you can eat there. (The Chicken is old fashioned good)
My H S classmates and I meet twice a month on Wednesdays and go to different restaurants. We tend to choose an older one and a new one each month, that is fun.
If you are an intellectual type THE Great Desert University is here, if fact the basketball team is playing Stanford in a few minutes. Got to go.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:43 PM

84 posts, read 119,194 times
The wishbone has been around a long time! Steak Fingers were my favorite as a child in the 50's and 60's. Back then I thought it was one of the best foods I'd ever had. I also remember that right behind the Shell station on Alvernon and Broadway, there was Dairy Queen. For 5 cents you could get a cone. By the Okay! Car dealership on Speedway stood an A&W. Had my first Black Cow there. Okay! always had the row of light bulbs on at night and all the hoods were up on their cars so you could see the clean motors, and the lights helped make th chrome gleam!

There used to be an old mexican restuarant on 4th near downtown if I recall called La Casa. Back then it was a an actual house converted into a small eating place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson