Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 04:30 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
SO SO SAD . . .

Some individuals will do anything in an attempt to BLAME OTHERS for their shortcomings / unhappiness rather than accepting even the slightest amount of personal responsibility.

Bottom line . . . it is RARELY, if ever, Someone Else's Fault.
Good point.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:09 AM

84 posts, read 119,302 times
I don't live in Tucson anymore and not sure I'd want to, but that because my memories of Tucson are different that what the place entails now. Where I live now is rural. The whole town I live in is about 1.25 miles down the main street. I like that so going to any city is out of the question for me, even Tucson. However everything you say about Tucson can be said of where I'm at, and I live in the least populated county in the least populated state, but I don't because I find that focusing on the negative of an anything will make you depressed and nobody can change your outlook but you. The place I'm at has people that don't want any growth at all, in fact it seems they'd just as soon see this place turn into a ghost town, but then there are real friendly people who will not only go out of their way to help you but will volunteer their time without asking, even come to your door when you first move here, intorduce themselves and offer you any assistance you might need, anytime. I have people I hardly know bring me vegatabled from their gardens. Food they've hunted. Cann goods have been given to me. Alot I don't need and pass it on to those who do. I'd bet if you looked harder you'd find that they have that in Tucson too.

About Christian friendly: Anymore that doesn't matter where you live. The world is getting worse in general and the Bible tells to expect persecution, even glorify Christ if you are persecuted because it must mean you are doing God's will, yet he commands us to pray for those not saved, not to condemn them, that is reserved for Christ alone. When you do move just remember the world hates Jesus and if you represent him it's going to hate you too. That's Scripture. And it doesn't matter where you live for that to happen. I guess though my last thought is this. Jesus was friendly with sinners and spent time with sinners. He didn't persecute them, He did however do alot of correction during his time and that's the model I try to follow. If we but try to follow his lead and do as he did, you can expect opposition, but you might also make some very good friends and might even help someone accept the truth of Christ.

Old 02-05-2015, 09:46 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Even tho I don't like Tucson very much; some of what the OP says is going way too far. Sheesh!
I would agree with that. As someone who has lived in five states from — Washington, DC, to the state of Washington — I can attest that wherever one is lives is to a great degree what one makes of it. No place is all good or all bad.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:44 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,982,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I would agree with that. As someone who has lived in five states from — Washington, DC, to the state of Washington — I can attest that wherever one is lives is to a great degree what one makes of it. No place is all good or all bad.
I hear this a lot from people who live in places that are generally considered places to avoid.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:49 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,901,711 times
You haven't met a single well-adjusted adult in the entire city? As you are a self-proclaimed traditional Christian, I have to say... that must be some church you're going to.

OP, if you think that a change of location is magically going to fix all your problems, you haven't examined them closely enough.

Good luck with your move.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:36 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
I can tell the OP will never be happy anywhere.

If you have not met one, single 'good personality' or 'well adjusted adult' in eleven years, then the problem is you, not Tuscon.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:51 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meredithbanks View Post
I moved to Tucson eleven years ago. I have faithfully paid my rent however, it seems the longer you stay the more you get punished. The only thing Tucson has going for it is the weather when it is sunny and warm. Other than the weather, the people are not too great. I have yet to meet one person with a good personality. They want to continually "get in your face" even when you are minding your own business. There is a good bit of drugging and drinking that goes on in this town, so unless you can keep your children well-protected and home-schooled I definitely would not recommend it for families. No one is helpful and there is considerable childishness. I do not believe I have spoken to one person I could consider as having the characteristics of a decent well-adjusted adult. My goal is to leave. Tucson is good for people who just want to drift along in life without trying too hard. I am being nice about it because what I just said would be a credit or an increase in adaptability for most of them. They are mean and they simply are not clean. For instance, they don't care if they make you sick. Their second-hand smoke and drug-smoke is out of control. Forget rehab. These people would never go to a treatment center. Their idea of having a sensational good time is to go downtown and get really loud. They have vagabonds all over the city which they think is charming. I am in a free access computer center at a hospital and the second hand smoke is so outrageous I am coughing like I have been smoking. I have been coughing up mucus--that is how bad.

I urge anyone considering Tucson or maybe Arizona in general to pick another state. This was such a mistake on my part to come here. Like I said the nature and sun is pretty but that is from God--not them. If a place is the people then Tucson is an awful place. It is a really awful place for traditional Christians. They will harrass you to no end. You will never get established and it is just filthy here. Please do not consider it even as a possibility--even if you think the sun and cactus are neat. I would be pleased to leave this awful city tomorrow and live in a less vacation oriented area. Also, I think most cities are a credit as far as cleanliness comparatively. They are greedy, rude and liars. Very non-cooperative. Some places I have been I could not say enough good things: this is one of those places I cannot say enough bad. Like I said anything supplied by God is Okay as far as nature. Anything else including the people is awful.

Wow. That's very unfortunate that after 11 years, you have such a bad impression of Tucson that opposes mine even though I have only visited sometimes. But like rooming with a good friend, I guess you don't really know someone or a place until you actually move in and live with them on a daily basis. It can go either way. Parts of your assessment reminds me of my own about Sacramento (bold).

But that applies primarily to some of the homeless hustlers downtown on K Street. The government workers and other 'normies' prefer to avoid anyone who isn't dressed like them or wearing some employement or name tag. People stare but will not greet you. Women avoid men and the locals hate everywhere else in California. Especially Southern. So maybe this is not coincidental. Maybe this is where America is headed: Bigotry on several levels.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:08 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,602,144 times
Nice rant for a first post.

Old 02-07-2015, 03:18 PM

979 posts, read 2,093,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Wow. That's very unfortunate that after 11 years, you have such a bad impression of Tucson that opposes mine even though I have only visited sometimes. But like rooming with a good friend, I guess you don't really know someone or a place until you actually move in and live with them on a daily basis. It can go either way. Parts of your assessment reminds me of my own about Sacramento (bold).

But that applies primarily to some of the homeless hustlers downtown on K Street. The government workers and other 'normies' prefer to avoid anyone who isn't dressed like them or wearing some employement or name tag. People stare but will not greet you. Women avoid men and the locals hate everywhere else in California. Especially Southern. So maybe this is not coincidental. Maybe this is where America is headed: Bigotry on several levels.
I feel the same way. It's probably because Sacramento is basically Washington DC west. Anyone who works in government seem reserved and cold. I've had trouble making friends here and I grew up in Sac. I lived in San Francisco for seven years and despite some of the snobbiness, it was so easy to engage in conversation with a stranger on the street, bar, or at an event. Here, in Sac, I can't talk to people, especially women, without getting a look like I'm trying to hit on them. Weird.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:22 PM

107 posts, read 133,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meredithbanks View Post
I moved to Tucson eleven years ago. I have faithfully paid my rent however, it seems the longer you stay the more you get punished. The only thing Tucson has going for it is the weather when it is sunny and warm. Other than the weather, the people are not too great. I have yet to meet one person with a good personality. They want to continually "get in your face" even when you are minding your own business. There is a good bit of drugging and drinking that goes on in this town, so unless you can keep your children well-protected and home-schooled I definitely would not recommend it for families. No one is helpful and there is considerable childishness. I do not believe I have spoken to one person I could consider as having the characteristics of a decent well-adjusted adult. My goal is to leave. Tucson is good for people who just want to drift along in life without trying too hard. I am being nice about it because what I just said would be a credit or an increase in adaptability for most of them. They are mean and they simply are not clean. For instance, they don't care if they make you sick. Their second-hand smoke and drug-smoke is out of control. Forget rehab. These people would never go to a treatment center. Their idea of having a sensational good time is to go downtown and get really loud. They have vagabonds all over the city which they think is charming. I am in a free access computer center at a hospital and the second hand smoke is so outrageous I am coughing like I have been smoking. I have been coughing up mucus--that is how bad.

I urge anyone considering Tucson or maybe Arizona in general to pick another state. This was such a mistake on my part to come here. Like I said the nature and sun is pretty but that is from God--not them. If a place is the people then Tucson is an awful place. It is a really awful place for traditional Christians. They will harrass you to no end. You will never get established and it is just filthy here. Please do not consider it even as a possibility--even if you think the sun and cactus are neat. I would be pleased to leave this awful city tomorrow and live in a less vacation oriented area. Also, I think most cities are a credit as far as cleanliness comparatively. They are greedy, rude and liars. Very non-cooperative. Some places I have been I could not say enough good things: this is one of those places I cannot say enough bad. Like I said anything supplied by God is Okay as far as nature. Anything else including the people is awful.
lmao.

the entertainment value in this post gets you two thumbs up!!!

otherwise this is one of the worst posts I've ever seen on this site.

these are some of the most non-satirical 'first world problem' complaints I've ever seen.

when you think every single adult in the city is not 'decent', you are the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson