Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2015, 04:00 AM

87 posts, read 116,323 times

Advertisements

I've become obsessed with researching what it's like living in AZ. With the higher elevations having a lot to do with our decision-making we have "narrowed" down where to live in AZ - Oro Valley or the Oracle area plus it looks beautiful over here! However, we are still wondering about buying into an adult community (which sounds wonderful) or considering a regular neighborhood (a little bit more yard). We like the amenities of the adult communities but would we feel pressured to join everything and if we didn't would we become ostracized because we're not into everything? We like meeting and making new friends but we worry that we won't meet more laid back kind of people, people that one can have meaningful conversations with, share similar viewpoints, as well as whoop it up (the YouTube videos on all these communities doesn't help either). I remember someone saying a lot of type A personalities seem to live in these places. My husband is a bit of an intellectual (not snobby by any means - a wonderful, friendly Midwestern man) and more on the quiet side but fun, too. I go both ways - I'm a native Californian! Is it easy to make friends in Oro Valley or Oracle without having the built-in access to make friends that one has in the adult communities? If we elected to live in an Oro Valley or Oracle neighborhood are there places in these two areas where seniors have access (or they know where to go) to various venues for activity be it sports (I would like to learn how to play pickle ball!), lectures, travel clubs, wine and cooking clubs, book clubs? We're also not golf people but that doesn't bother us too much as long as we could meet like-minded people. This is where we're at right now. Any other good and safe neighborhood recommendations and all comments and opinions welcomed! Thank you for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: