Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 02:42 PM

87 posts, read 116,190 times

Advertisements

We will soon be setting up our visit to Saddlebrooke in July with plans on staying there a few days and I presume that we will be talking to one of the sales agents who will show us around, etc. Ultimately, is it better to work with an outside real estate agent (should we get serious about buying something) or just stick with the sales people on the property? Are there things an outside agent would know and tell us about the property that maybe the Robson sales people wouldn't necessarily divulge? If and when it comes to making an offer is an outside agent better to have for this part of the process or does it matter? I don't want to make it sound like we would worry that Robson would be dishonest. We just want to get all the information that is needed (and as unbiased as possible) to help us make a future decision. Anybody out there who can share their buying experience with Robson? Thanks much in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 04:24 PM

461 posts, read 1,313,272 times
I'd get an outside realtor. Remember, your realtor works for YOU and your best interest. The Robson salesperson will be looking out for their best interests. Using a realtor will not cost you anything.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:06 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
I agree, Jksn . . .

Old 04-27-2015, 09:46 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,580,581 times
Absolutely get a realtor. They are working for you. And if you go to a Robson tour, or any other tour, without your agent, be sure to tell them up front that you are working with a real estate agent. Usually, the agent will accompany you to these presentations, but if not, Robson needs to know you're working with an agent.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:46 AM

87 posts, read 116,190 times
Thanks for your quick replies. It all makes sense in what you have shared. On to picking an agent. : )

Old 04-28-2015, 08:22 PM

68 posts, read 126,083 times
I sent you a private message about the agent I used. She is a former Robson agent. She was outstanding. Found me a great home. One of the best agents I have ever worked with.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:28 PM

465 posts, read 613,369 times
realtor for sure. she helped negotiate greater incentives. good luck!

Old 05-02-2015, 04:20 PM

604 posts, read 933,821 times
When we were interested in that area i started looking at the realtor's web site at soldtucson.com. I talked to a realtor associated with that team and did not have a good experience...it was not one of the team leaders. Their web site is very good however so you may get some good info from it. The salesperson seemed uninterested when we told her we wanted to stay in a price range well below $250k. We never called her back when we did our visit last summer...Our initial visits were without a realtor.

The only time you need a realtor with you on first visit is if you plan on buying new construction....and if you want to tour pre-owned for-sales. Neither applied to us. We just wanted to get the lay of the land, see facilities...

I posted some rather lengthy reviews of our visits on both Tucson and Phoenix boards here.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:23 AM

18 posts, read 33,359 times
Default Details?

Just wondering....my wife and I did a visit to Saddlebrooke Ranch and it is on our list of "possibles" for new construction. I now read that it may be of benefit for you to have a realtor working with you for new builds.

Is there some problem doing so now that we have already visited the property? We hadn't considered this previous to our visit. And what is the big advantage of having an agent? Finally, what is the cost involved and who would pay?

Thanks.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:40 AM

461 posts, read 1,313,272 times
As stated above, they can negotiate greater incentives. They can also help if you have issues that arise with the builder. They can explain the documents at closing. Ours helped us schedule an independent inspection behind the walls before sheetrock went up. They basically look out for your best interests. It doesn't cost you anything. The builder pays their commission. But, you don't need to have one. Plenty of people walk into those neighborhoods on their own and don't have any issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: