Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 12:57 AM

61 posts, read 93,028 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'll be looking at houses in Tucson over the next few weeks and was wondering if you have recommendations for finding a good real estate agent in the area. Actually I would prefer to initially check out some houses on my own; is there a good source for open house listings?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 06:31 AM

720 posts, read 988,011 times
We met our realtor at an open house. It is a great way to interview them before signing on with them. As far as finding open houses we set up email notifications on Redfin. I like that web site better than Zillow or Trulia. They seem to be more accurate. Also if you set up notifications with some of the realtor sites like Long Realty or Tierra Antigua, they will inform you of any open houses as well. Good luck.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:19 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,895,223 times
I sent you a private message because I'm not sure recommending openly is allowed. I had a wonderful buyer's agent!

For open houses we used Trulia alerts but it didn't seem to have them ALL. I also liked the Long Realty 'alert' via their website.

Good luck with your move!

Old 05-06-2015, 11:31 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,508,395 times
Yellowbelle, would you mind sending me the information too, please? I'm looking to buy again, and I had a horrible agent last time.

Old 05-07-2015, 12:03 AM

134 posts, read 157,816 times
Can you send it to me as well? I'm hoping to retire there in a few, and looking to relocate. Thank you!

Old 05-07-2015, 06:40 AM

68 posts, read 125,571 times
Are you looking in town? Or a surrounding community?

Old 05-07-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCN55 View Post
Are you looking in town? Or a surrounding community?
I think I'm looking at areas that would be considered the "surrounding community." I want a bit of land - at least a half acre - so I'm assuming areas like the foothills, tucson estates, etc are what I'll be looking at.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertaWa View Post
We met our realtor at an open house. It is a great way to interview them before signing on with them. As far as finding open houses we set up email notifications on Redfin. I like that web site better than Zillow or Trulia. They seem to be more accurate. Also if you set up notifications with some of the realtor sites like Long Realty or Tierra Antigua, they will inform you of any open houses as well. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantano49 View Post
I used the Tucson Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service also know as TARMLS.com Its updated everyday and shows new listings, pendings, and price reductions. Zillow and others can be a week or two behind. You don't want to be looking at a house that's already sold. I found a laptop and a printer to be very handy. I made copies of everything I was interested in. This is probably a good time to buy a townhouse if you are looking at something in the affordable range. My neighborhood has a couple for sale where the kids inherit the house and say "sell". It takes a while but after sitting all winter they will reduce the prices. You should get a realtor so you can be ready to act if you see something.
Great recommendations! Thanks!

Old 05-07-2015, 08:54 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,895,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themudpuppy View Post
Yellowbelle, would you mind sending me the information too, please? I'm looking to buy again, and I had a horrible agent last time.
I tried but your profile says only friends can send you messages. Can you send me a message and I'll reply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedolce View Post
Can you send it to me as well? I'm hoping to retire there in a few, and looking to relocate. Thank you!
Done! Good luck!

Old 05-08-2015, 10:45 AM

68 posts, read 125,571 times
I purchased in Saddlebrooke, I don't think that is an area you are going to be looking. I use Realtor.com and the TARMLS to look at homes online. Both are good. Be careful about hooking up with an agent at an open house, make sure they are experts at the area you are interested in. And have been there for a long time. I checked out agents who had the listings I liked online. I called and chatted them up. The ones who were rude or disinterested were crossed off my list. When I narrowed down the list, I emailed them with questions. The ones who did not respond, or took a week to answer were crossed off my list. I ended up picking an agent who is one of the best agents I have ever worked with. I purchased in the very low end, price wise, in the development. But the agent treated me like I was buying a million dollar home. I had traveled across the country to look at houses. She knew I was buying the week I was there looking. She set aside the whole week just for me. I was successful, and found a house I plan on living in for a long, long time. She has followed up well, and has hooked me up with flooring installers and handymen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson