Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 11:32 AM

104 posts, read 273,553 times

Advertisements

We can't forget "The Girls": The Girls Estate Sales Tucson, AZ

Their turnover of items and furnishings is incredible!

Grant and Dodge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 12:58 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
I didn't add the Treasure Shoppe at La Posada because OP said they were shopping for a college-age daughter. Any time I've ever been there the furniture was donated by La Posada residents and tended to be things elderly people brought with them from wherever they lived before they found their way to LP. Albeit VERY good quality (poor people don't move to LP), but the kind of things my Grandmother would have owned. I'm an entire generation past "college age" and it's way too formal for my taste! You never know though with thrift shops, though, that's the fun.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:11 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I didn't add the Treasure Shoppe at La Posada because OP said they were shopping for a college-age daughter. Any time I've ever been there the furniture was donated by La Posada residents and tended to be things elderly people brought with them from wherever they lived before they found their way to LP. Albeit VERY good quality (poor people don't move to LP), but the kind of things my Grandmother would have owned. I'm an entire generation past "college age" and it's way too formal for my taste! You never know though with thrift shops, though, that's the fun.

You make a valid point. However, it is pretty much in line what the OP is asking for IMO.

I have this feeling that the parents are more for the older furniture ... while the younger ones would prefer that IKEA junk.

Do realize that ANY place in South Tucson, Sahuarita, and Green Valley is hit hard by the FAMSA crowd. I would say that a good portion of the used furniture is purchased by Mexican nationals are exported to Sonora.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:05 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Wow, this was great information for me! I've been wanting to find a couple of pieces for myself of good quality used furniture. I'm more into the antique mahogany or dark cherry to go with pieces I already have from my grandparents and parents. I love Duncan Phyfe, Sheraton, Hepplewhite and American Empire. I'm writing down all the names of these stores, and hoping Santa has lots of extra money for me.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:58 PM

4 posts, read 4,218 times
Hey, back in L.A. after a shopping frenzy in Tucson Friday and Saturday. Great recommendations everybody! The prices of antiques are very reasonable compared to L.A. We got a nice oak rolltop desk at Tom's on E. Grant, very nice people, nice shop, got a dresser with mirror, Eastlake style at Copper Country, which is pretty funky and going out of business. Got a sofa , indoor and outdoor chairs, a lamp and a bookcase at Annabell's Antiques, and a squishy sort of chair at 22nd St. Antique Mall. Another chair at The Girl's Estate Sales. The American Antique Mall has closed. Every store had friendly people, and we would never have accomplished so much without your posts. Drove back here today in 7 hours. Exhausted. Thank you all.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:24 PM

10 posts, read 15,372 times
I see the OP has come and gone, but in case anybody else is interested in this thread, both Caring Transitions and The Girls run estate sales in Tucson onsite nearly every Saturday, sometimes two in a day. Go to their websites to get on their mailing list, and every Thursday prior to the sale they post pictures. I think the exact location of every sale is sent out on Fridays, with the sales starting around 8am on Saturdays. However, if you have your eye on something from the pictures, you will need to get to the site very early, around 6am. They deliver locally, and are pretty reasonable on that. http://caringtransitionstucson.com/V...l-Estate-Sales
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson