U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-12-2016, 12:04 PM
 
339 posts, read 678,711 times
Reputation: 262

Advertisements

Hello..

Last early evening when I was at work my hubby stated a black unmarked helicopter was flying very low over and around our home up in the Eagle Crest Ranch area. He stated the bird had no markings and was so low he could see the pilots. Anyone else have this experience lately in the northwest?

I know recently we have had quite a few renters move into homes on or street..hopefully not a potential drug problem. Hubby stated they had a search light and scanned our back yard!

Pretty scary..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2016, 10:48 PM
 
Location: 38N 105W
4,721 posts, read 7,022,747 times
Reputation: 7292
Davis-Monthan has a few of the Sikorsky MH-60G/HH-60G Pave Hawk helicopters which are search and rescue copters. I saw two flying tandem this afternoon coming from the NW headed to D-M. It's possible the ones you saw were part of a search and rescue attempt up there where you live. They could have been on a real search and rescue or they could have been doing night training.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2016, 10:36 AM
 
339 posts, read 678,711 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
Davis-Monthan has a few of the Sikorsky MH-60G/HH-60G Pave Hawk helicopters which are search and rescue copters. I saw two flying tandem this afternoon coming from the NW headed to D-M. It's possible the ones you saw were part of a search and rescue attempt up there where you live. They could have been on a real search and rescue or they could have been doing night training.
Thank you Marcy...well the military would be ok...hubby stated copter was very loud and our dogs certainly did not like. We usually don't get much excitement up here...except the recent snow showers!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2016, 11:51 AM
 
4,190 posts, read 11,959,414 times
Reputation: 4139
this activity may occasionally happen anywhere.....variety of good reasons for why.....

however, was it day or night??....you say the search light was on, yet your husband could see the pilots and see no markings??....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2016, 09:21 AM
 
339 posts, read 678,711 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
this activity may occasionally happen anywhere.....variety of good reasons for why.....

however, was it day or night??....you say the search light was on, yet your husband could see the pilots and see no markings??....
Just as it stated to get dark...copter was very low, went up our street and returned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2016, 09:26 AM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,826,625 times
Reputation: 23216
We get black helicopters several times a year. I have always assumed they are on a training mission or moving from one base to another. My son told us to be careful what we are doing when they fly over our home. They can tell where you are in your house and what you are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2016, 12:40 AM
 
Location: 38N 105W
4,721 posts, read 7,022,747 times
Reputation: 7292
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We get black helicopters several times a year. I have always assumed they are on a training mission or moving from one base to another. My son told us to be careful what we are doing when they fly over our home. They can tell where you are in your house and what you are doing.
I think he may have been reading too many spy novels....Unless they're using infra-red lights, night-vision, or body heat sensors, I doubt it. Actually, I also doubt they'd even care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2016, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Tucson
68 posts, read 88,339 times
Reputation: 134
I was playing golf on the Saddlebrooke course a couple of weeks ago. Three of the black choppers came over VERY low. It was cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top