Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2016, 02:36 AM

9 posts, read 11,166 times

Advertisements

We are currently living overseas (and have been for the last five years). My husband is looking into a possible relocation to the Nogales/Tucson area this coming Summer and has mentioned Rancho Sahuarita.

We have 3 children (one entering 2nd grade, one entering 8th grade, one entering 10th grade).

My kids have only been in private school and are currently in a very academic school. My older two are active soccer players as well.

I am looking for a school with a strong academic/athletic program and am concerned that it may be difficult to find in South Tucson from what I've read online. We wouldn't be able to live any further North of Nogales than Rancho Sahuarita if he pursues this particular job.

I am also looking for some strong soccer programs for my older two kids.

Any feedback is appreciated.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 06:28 AM

685 posts, read 719,752 times
If you're considering a cookie cutter like Rancho Sahuarita, than I would suggest you check out Madera Highlands.
Madera Highlands - Sahuarita, Arizona
The HOA fees are cheaper than Rancho and I heard from co-workers that Rancho's pools are always packed all the time and its not very fun to go swimming because of that.
Madera highlands also has a bunch of mature pecan trees that are nice in the summer and you can pick up all the nuts you want.
There is also Madera Reserve which is close by. That is a nice area.

Madera Highlands and Madera Reserve are 10 minutes closer to Nogales and the kids can go to Walden Grove High School
Home | Walden Grove High School and for elementary/middle school it would be Continental Continental DO: Home.

Walden Grove got built about 3 or 4 years ago so its a new school. Continental goes up to the 8th grade and they have a good program. They have a lot of retirees who volunteer their time to help the kids.

Sahuarita High School is fine, my son graduated from there and he was in the top 10 of his class. They have a program with Pima Community College where the kids can get college credits. Here is their website
Home | Sahuarita High School.

As far as sports goes...you can enroll them in the parks and recreation programs that are popular.
Sahuarita, AZ - Official Website - Parks & Recreation

The schools all have the usual sports, of course.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:34 AM

461 posts, read 1,314,086 times
I've been in the same boat as your husband and beckerd2 has given very good advice. You can also check out Sahuarita Highlands, which is to the east of Rancho. They have large acre lots but no amenities like the other communities. Right now, there are only 2 homes for sale. You can also look at smaller neighborhoods off La Canada in Sahuarita - Rancho Buena Vista, Las Colonias, La Canada Norte, Colonias La Canada, Mesquite Heights, etc. They don't have community pools but many of the homes have pools. And many are higher end homes than Rancho Sahuarita but don't cost much more. As a former resident of Rancho Sahuarita, I will say the amenities are great (you pay for it) but the 'hood grew too big with too much noise, petty theft, traffic etc. I'd look at the other neighborhoods and use a realtor. I sent you a PM as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson