Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 05:02 PM

20 posts, read 20,467 times

Advertisements

I accidentally posted this in the all AZ forum and could figure out how to move it.

You guys know our story so I'm reposting here.

Hi all: thanks again for being so supportive!

Last night I found 1 55 plus that would definitely take me, 1 probably but I won't know until next week and another definite in Mesa.

So here are the addresses of the two parks and a little about what I like about the homes and I'll throw in the Mesa one to get the opinion of those who have experience with both.

I appreciate your help!!!!!!

Parks West Mobile Homes Estates - 3003 W Broadway - this is my favorite - the foothills actually start at the back of the yard of property, I like the home, park is small but has everything you need, supposedly it's close to everything

Tucson Meadows Mobile HP - 2121 S Pantano - the park is a lot bigger which can be good of bad. I'm friendly and helpful but basically just want to be left alone - really like the homes - I'd have pick of 2 - like both

Cypress Gardens - 330 E Main Street Mesa AZ- smaller community but extremely nice - right on Main Street so not sure about that - 2 homes I really like

Originally we had planned to move to Phoenix suburbs because that is what I knew (Peoria area) but I haven't been there since the desert was behind my SIL's house. That's long gone.

Ok - need your valuable opinions - mainly on location

Ready, set, go......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 08:47 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racking7 View Post
Parks West Mobile Homes Estates - 3003 W Broadway - this is my favorite - the foothills actually start at the back of the yard of property, I like the home, park is small but has everything you need, supposedly it's close to everything

Ok - need your valuable opinions - mainly on location

Ready, set, go......
From my limited personal experience plus information on the internet, Rocking . . .

Parks West Mobile Homes Estates would definitely NOT be very high on my list. I have a feeling you can do better. Also, I would question the "close to everything" statement.

Have you checked the Mobile Home Community at 101 West River Road?

Sorry for the negative comments . . . Good Luck.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:34 PM

Don't be sorry about your honest opinion! I will definitely look into that one. I know their RV park got terrible ratings.

Any thought on the location of Tucson Meadows?

I haven't heard of one on West River Road - I'd need the park name - I can try to look it up by address.

Thoughts on going to the Phoenix suburbs?

Old 03-03-2016, 06:54 AM

Wow: no one wants to jump in? Even just to comment about locations?

I appreciate Bummer's response but was hoping for some more help.

If this helps I'd like to be 15-20 mins from grocery stores, box stores like Home Depot or Target/WalMart, etc.

We want to be safe and quiet. Really those are our only parameters.

Thanks.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:19 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racking7 View Post
Wow: no one wants to jump in? Even just to comment about locations?

I appreciate Bummer's response but was hoping for some more help.

If this helps I'd like to be 15-20 mins from grocery stores, box stores like Home Depot or Target/WalMart, etc.

We want to be safe and quiet. Really those are our only parameters.

Thanks.
Interesting, Racking . . . all of your "wants and needs" are within walking distance of the West River Road location.

On my "early morning" Bike / Starbucks Run I will try to remember to catch the name for you.

Later . . .

Old 03-03-2016, 09:55 AM

Oh and we'd love Mountain views - being in the foothills.

I found the place you were talking about - it's called Friendly Village of the Catalinas. I have a call into them.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:04 AM

Please delete - double post

Old 03-03-2016, 03:21 PM

I found a place - Fairview Manor - 3115 N Fairview Avenue. I believe it's in a safer location and has views of both the Catalinas and Rincon Mountains.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:51 PM

522 posts, read 1,568,978 times
Friendly Village is very close to where we live.(just a little south of us) There is everything around the area as far as shopping and restaurants.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:27 PM

Friendly Village said no.

I was going to go with Fairview Avenue but figured out its in the middle of Tucson.

If I can get financing I'm going with Harrison Hills which is right on the East side.

This is a big pain!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson