Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 07:06 AM

4,602 posts, read 6,364,058 times

Advertisements

"He's not hurting anyone. So what if he wants to live that way?"

My point was supporting the reason zoning laws and building codes are necessary in our society, not singling out this particular individual. But... if I was the adjoining property owner, which I'm not, and needed to sell my property....what do you suppose the outcome would be ? Is Flagman harmless then ? When he passes, who restores the property....the tax payers ? The foreclosure process is not free. He has 6 acres, his chosen lifestyle is clearly visable from all sides. He is not in the middle of 6000 acres, where he would truely be isolated, and his lifestyle would go unnoticed. I am all about "live and let live", as long as there are no infringements of others rights or laws/regulations broken in the process...but in this case, this man doesn't seem to care about the rights of others. The way I see it, building codes and zoning laws are for the greater benefit of all society.....and I've been on the wrong side of building codes and FEMA flood plain restrictions....it cost me dearly, but I was to blame, and no one else was impacted.

Regards
Gemstone1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 07:24 AM

757 posts, read 838,324 times
There is no shortage of "crappy" places in Cochise County. If there is enforcement there then it is well concealed. Check out Huachuca City in its entirety. Cochise County is a vast area. I doubt there is much of a permit system unless you are putting in a well or septic tank in which case the contractor will likely get a permit. With some exceptions in Sierra Vista, much of the county looks "rough" which is fine with me. Want upscale then Scottsdale or Sedona is the goal.

Cochise County is not a winter destination if you are chasing the sun. It gets cold there. The elevations are high. You might check out Casa Grande area or even Yuma for winter stays. It is typically 8 to 10 degrees cooler in Cochise County around Sierra Vista, Bisbee, Tombstone, Hereford. The Huachuca Mtns are almost 10,000 feet.

Last edited by Bygeorge; 11-25-2016 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: Clarity

Old 11-25-2016, 01:41 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
"He's not hurting anyone. So what if he wants to live that way?"

My point was supporting the reason zoning laws and building codes are necessary in our society, not singling out this particular individual. But... if I was the adjoining property owner, which I'm not, and needed to sell my property....what do you suppose the outcome would be ? Is Flagman harmless then ? When he passes, who restores the property....the tax payers ? The foreclosure process is not free. He has 6 acres, his chosen lifestyle is clearly visable from all sides. He is not in the middle of 6000 acres, where he would truely be isolated, and his lifestyle would go unnoticed. I am all about "live and let live", as long as there are no infringements of others rights or laws/regulations broken in the process...but in this case, this man doesn't seem to care about the rights of others. The way I see it, building codes and zoning laws are for the greater benefit of all society.....and I've been on the wrong side of building codes and FEMA flood plain restrictions....it cost me dearly, but I was to blame, and no one else was impacted.

Regards
Gemstone1
You have no right to anything when you sell property. Markets rise and markets crash and tastes in property change. Either we're a free nation where people may live as they wish provided they are not physically harming others, or we're not. Your desire to profit off your property does not trump another's right to live freely.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:03 AM

4 posts, read 15,550 times
I've decided to just live off grid in a rural area in the south.. In the middle of the woods where no one can see, surrounded by people with crappy houses. Hey, I might be off grid but my house will be decent looking, and there won't be broken down cars and junk piles in the yard so hopefully no one will complain.
That "flag man" isn't harming anyone. While I would never live like that, it is his right, IMHO.. Course, the people who want zoning codes disagree with me.
But seriously, about the ****, you are allowed to go on national forest and some national parks and and **** as long as you bury it. Its not harming the earth, let's be real, people just think its gross. But it is his property isn't it?

Old 05-11-2017, 01:46 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Moderator cut: This thread has been moved to the Arizona Forum.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,071 times
Gemstone1 not next to me please, glad for the rules and regulations aare tighting up, have you seen the out line areas of Cochise County? It has started looking ratty with the new west coast residence moving in with campers that are eyesores and pit bull dogs. No way!!

Read more: Cochise county AZ... building restrictions?

Old 12-15-2020, 09:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,071 times
Oh by the way Freya73 to answer your question. you cannot live in a camper long term not even in the out lying area of Cochise County near Tombstone, Az. Short term permit for 6 months if you are building a house. I just went through that and don't see that being a problem. They are trying to clean up the outlying area to bring in new business and end the ratty unkept areas. With that said call the planning department for the low down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona