Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2017, 11:41 AM

2,841 posts, read 3,195,717 times

Advertisements

I am interested in Green Valley but most of the property walls I have seen there are too low to keep my two active dogs in. Are there areas where you can have higher walls or fences, or is there some overall regulation on wall height? I would need 5' or preferably 6'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 01:24 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,859,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker2 View Post
I am interested in Green Valley but most of the property walls I have seen there are too low to keep my two active dogs in. Are there areas where you can have higher walls or fences, or is there some overall regulation on wall height? I would need 5' or preferably 6'.

Green Valley is not actually a city, but an unincorporated area. It would really depend where you choose to live. If you live in an HOA area, you would be subject to their bylaws. If you live in a non HOA location (and there are not too many), then I think it would be up to Pima County. I just called Green Valley Council and they verified my previous sentence. Here is the number for General Info for Pima County Phone: (520) 724-9999. They are closed from noon to 1 local time (it is currently 12:22 here), so please call them after lunch and I am sure they can direct you to the proper department to get your question answered.

FYI, I have a neighbor (we are in a non HOA area) that has a 6' wall that has been there for 30 years and no one is complaining! I just wanted to add that the main reason for the lower walls is most likely for the view, we have some stunning views of the Santa Rita mountains here in Green Valley.

Good luck!!!

Last edited by bkolodzi; 10-25-2017 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: spelling correction

Old 10-25-2017, 03:26 PM

2,841 posts, read 3,195,717 times
Do the non-HOA homes have GVR?

Old 10-25-2017, 04:28 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,264,727 times
Quote:

There are 100+ HOA's in Green valley. They all have their own rules and regulation and they vary broadly.

As for the second question, I doubt that there are any areas of Green Valley that do NOT have an HOA. And if there are, they will NOT have access to GVR.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:18 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,859,556 times
Quote:
Do the non-HOA homes have GVR?

Actually, some non-HOA neighborhoods do have access to GVR. There are some folks in my neighborhood (Foothills and Acres) which is non-HOA who have GVR, and I could also have GVR if I wanted to pay the initiation and annual fees, but to this point, I have chosen not to do so because I still work and do not have time for much recreation, plus I have my own pool. The other downside to GVR beside the fees is that it is attached to your property deed and you cannot just quit if you want to. For me for now, I choose not to have it.

I also read something a while back about offering GVR to the Madera Reserve and Madera Shadows neighborhoods on the east side of I-19, but I am not sure if that ever happened or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: