Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 07:02 PM

7 posts, read 5,934 times

Advertisements

Congratulations! Best of luck with the new place and the new job!

I just accepted a job in Tucson as well and will be moving there soon from Florida!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 06:30 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,334,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
Thanks everybody! The move up to the 3rd floor apartment nearly killed me, but as I told a friend of mine this morning, I have a year now to unpack.
Look on the bright side, at least you didn't move during the middle of June or July. Think of how hard your move was now and multiple that by 1,000 for moving in the summertime!

Old 03-30-2018, 07:51 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Look on the bright side, at least you didn't move during the middle of June or July. Think of how hard your move was now and multiple that by 1,000 for moving in the summertime!
I'm sorry, that brought to mind one of my favorite lines from "Young Frankenstein" (and since I grew up in Oregon, moves of this nature happened all the time):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AFf0ysgNiM

Old 03-30-2018, 02:34 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Rah, I just moved here in September. Love it so far.

You have to get your car tags within 10 days once you establish residency. I didn't know that & was late but they let me slide. It was really easy & they were very helpful. Bring proof of residency, insurance & your current drivers license.
I have to brag about my experience today at Motor Vehicles... a new DL, title, registration and plate, all in 25 minutes from the moment I walked in to the moment I walked out. When I moved to CA a few years back and made an *appointment* with DMV, I was there five hours.

Heck, I was in line longer than 25 minutes this morning at the smog check, but apparently that was because it's the end of the month.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:25 AM

3 posts, read 4,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
I moved from expensive south Orange County to Tucson in November, right after I retired from work. It took me about 2 weeks and looking at over a dozen apartment places to find the right combination of affordable, quiet, clean, secure and in a convenient mid-town location. It's not perfect, but for less than $600 per month, I am pretty comfortable here.

There are lots of noisy apartment complexes in Tucson. All of the large apartment complexes I looked at in Tucson were too close to a major street or designed in a way that would cause lots of noise from adjacent apartments. The apartment I rented is in a small complex of just 15 units, all single level (no neighbor above or below). I found it by spotting a curb side sign, not from Craigslist or other on-line source.

Grant & Silverbell is a busy intersection, less than 1 mile west of I-10 and the main railroad tracks. I would not want to rent either of the 2 places you mentioned on Silverbell - too much traffic noise. I would rather look at University Villa Apts on West Ironwood, about 1/2 mile west of Silverbell & Grant. Those apartments are set back from the road and surrounded by lots of open space.
That sounds ideal. I'm coming from Long Beach looking to touch down in June. Would you mind sharing the complex with me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson