Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 05:55 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times

Advertisements

For the New Year, I hereby resolve:

To do what I can, within the confines of my own little world, to further the cause of world peace...
For example, like... I need to quit going up into the Phoenix threads and picking fights with all of them stupi... uh, opinionated Phoenicians. Those capital city dwellers can't help thinking that the whole world revolves around them, and that all of the rest of Arizona is supposed to get in line when it comes to THEIR needs. So, I need to chill...

To be kinder to my fellow Tucsonans, who most assuredly have THEIR own opinions about life in the Old Pueblo. After all, they're allowed to voice their own craz... uh, personal ideas about such things as crosstown freeways, and surface streets, and law enforcement, etc, if they so desire. And, hey... if they feel the need to claim that there ain't nuthin' in Tucson but ghettos, gangs, grafitti, and guns, then surely, I could be a bit more nice about their thoughts. Perhaps, even a bit more realistic...

To be more understanding of the free-spirited idio... uh, opinionated newbies, many of which come in here of their own free will, then begin slamming everything on earth. Especially, when they suddenly begin developing a hatred of Tucson, and a hatred of Arizona. Then they begin expecting all of US to join in and help them tear it all down and turn it into their own spectacular little utopias, which they have apparently been deprived of since childhood...

To be a much better human being, while also working on my health, and personal pursuit of happiness, in all of my own eccentric little ways.

- Signed, Zony Pony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 08:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
I fail to see any remorse here, Pony, so I take it we'll continue business as usual...

Old 12-26-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I fail to see any remorse here, Pony, so I take it we'll continue business as usual...
Yeah... I gotta work on my "sincerity" as well.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:13 AM

415 posts, read 1,681,547 times
You neglected to mention that you have agreed not to use the R word anymore.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojulybabies View Post
You neglected to mention that you have agreed not to use the R word anymore.
Oh, yeah! Oops! Wow... uh... Thanx, 2JulyBabe... I hereby resolve not to... like, use and/or abuse the most lovely... the very beautiful R word as much as in the past... any more...

Unless, of course... like, only after a very beautiful and most lovely rain, right?

Old 12-28-2008, 09:26 AM

Of course, for the New Year, most men and women just wanna pare off a few pounds so that they can develop that whole new look. They'll go out and purchase a membership in a gym... or they begin a new exercise regimen... a new diet...

Women, especially, worry about how that dress might look on them... they certainly don't want a comment like:

"It ain't the dress, mama... its the HIPS!"

But, please...pleeeeeeeeeeeez... NEVER ask that poor unsuspecting male, "Does this dress make me look FAT?"

Y'all gonna destroy that poor guy's mind, now!

Old 12-28-2008, 06:15 PM

359 posts, read 1,197,661 times
I have never been into New Years resolutions, but for the first time ever, my resolution is as follows:

FINDING A GOOD JOB, NOT A CALL CENTER JOB, BUT A GOOD JOB IN GENERAL (EVEN IF I HAVE TO MOVE OUT OF TUCSON TO GET ONE!)

Old 12-28-2008, 06:45 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,986 times
Since when is City-Data a personal blog to post your little personal diary entries? And how does this relate to Arizona at all? Should be posted in a off-topic forum or do what everyone else does, and get a blog if you really think people care about what you have to write.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:03 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAU_Josh View Post
Since when is City-Data a personal blog to post your little personal diary entries? And how does this relate to Arizona at all? Should be posted in a off-topic forum or do what everyone else does, and get a blog if you really think people care about what you have to write.
Wow! You are the new Moderator / rule maker around here???

Old 12-28-2008, 07:15 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,417,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Wow! You are the new Moderator / rule maker around here???
Doesn't take a mod to tell someone they are posting in the wrong forum.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/community-chat/

This post is in no way related to Tucson, so it does not belong in this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson