Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 08:48 AM

628 posts, read 1,315,293 times

Advertisements

We would like to stay in the foothills for a week or so vacation this spring. We have stayed at Westward Look and thought it was nice. Any other suggestions? How do La Paloma and Ventana Canyon resorts compare to Westward Look?
Thanks
John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 03:45 PM

2,897 posts, read 10,412,885 times
I would suggest the El Conquistador, get a villa or casita, the rooms and the area is beautiful, very quiet hotel too.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:34 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,746,409 times
Default Ventana Canyon/La Paloma

Ventana Canyon and La Paloma are both top notch resorts. They have a bit more "Bling" than Westward Look, which has a more easy going relaxing atmosphere. All three are excellent, . It really depends on what you are looking for. This fall we will have the new Ritz Carlton opening in Dove Mountain which will add another first class resort to the Tucson area.

RickTucsonHomes

Old 01-20-2009, 07:54 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,463,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
We would like to stay in the foothills for a week or so vacation this spring. We have stayed at Westward Look and thought it was nice. Any other suggestions? How do La Paloma and Ventana Canyon resorts compare to Westward Look?
Thanks
John
We visited Ventana Canyon when we were in Tucson and we loved it.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:50 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMan View Post
We visited Ventana Canyon when we were in Tucson and we loved it.
I agree - wholeheartedly. Ventana Canyon!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:13 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,055,731 times
Loews Ventana Canyon is very resorty and nice...fantastic setting, big, nice architecture....Westin La Paloma is a bit more glitzy, glassy, flashy than Ventana's more low-key look....I prefer low-key to flash, but both are in the same resorty, golfy, convention-oriented category....Westward Look, I think, has been recently remodeled, but is older and less-flashy....El Conquistador is one very small notch below Ventana and Paloma, but also resorty and in a great setting....and for something entirely different, the Arizona Inn, on 14 acres in the middle of town, is a look back at Arizona "resorts" of many decades ago - low-key, subdued, classy, family-owned, stable, no need to be flashy.....

Old 01-20-2009, 08:26 PM

683 posts, read 2,650,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
and for something entirely different, the Arizona Inn, on 14 acres in the middle of town, is a look back at Arizona "resorts" of many decades ago - low-key, subdued, classy, family-owned, stable, no need to be flashy.....
That's where "The Hoff" stays when he's visiting his daughter at the U of A. In fact a lot of famous people stay there. Canyon Ranch is another one for celebrities.

Ventana Canyon has two places to stay, the Loews resort and the very exclusive Lodge at Ventana Canyon with only 50 suites available.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:40 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,502,046 times
I really like the El Conquistador, that's my favorite. We've stayed there many times. My 2nd would be Ventana Canyon. We stayed at La Paloma 2 years ago, thinking it would be even nicer and we thought it was awful! The drains in the pools had all sorts of gunky, gross stuff on them (including the baby pool), the service was not good. I would not go back there.

The other place I've heard is nice but haven't tried is Marriott at Starr Pass. Anyone tried that one?

And a huge thumbs-up to the suggestion of the Arizona Inn--gorgeous and wonderful.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:36 PM

1,758 posts, read 5,489,814 times
I vote for Ventana Canyon!

Old 02-02-2009, 09:21 PM

474 posts, read 1,066,863 times
The Marriott at Starr Pass is really nice. A few years ago I stayed in one of their casitas, and more recently, I stayed in their regular rooms for July 4th a few times. Great rooms, food, pool, views, fireworks, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: