Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:10 AM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times

Advertisements

I always enjoyed the La Bandera at El Torrero.

Micha's would be up there as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 01:58 PM

7 posts, read 12,364 times
The first place we head to when visiting Tucson... Molina's for cheese Tostada & shredded beef tacos. Now I'm hungry.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:22 PM

474 posts, read 1,066,900 times
Here's a link about Tex-Mex cuisine. It's not just fajitas! Food Timeline--Mexican and TexMex food history

Old 02-15-2009, 09:41 AM

109 posts, read 341,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Hey, Ginny... let us know how your lunch(es) went when you can. And you better NOT have gone to Taco Bell!
I went to Mi Nidito! Only had time for one.

The guacamole was EXCELLENT, the atmosphere was really fun, the salsa was decent, chips were fresh and wonderful, and my combination platter was very good. I got a cheese enchilada, a chile relleno, a bean tostada... I think that's all what was on there.

I had a wonderful conversation with a single retiree lady at the next table, a transplant from New Jersey, who couldn't say enough nice things about Tucson.

She had a bowl of vegetable soup the size of her head, and said it was amazingly good.

I'll be back! Next I want to try El Charro, Guadalajara Grill, and I'll have to go back through this thread for the next ones after that.

I can't get over how good the guacamole was, really!

Everyone cross your toes for us - we'll hear what Raytheon is offering my husband salary-wise this week, and that will determine if we're moving to Tucson or not. I sure hope we are.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:38 PM

602 posts, read 2,063,681 times
Best of luck, Ginny. I hope you get to come back.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:42 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyFavers View Post
I went to Mi Nidito! Only had time for one.

The guacamole was EXCELLENT, the atmosphere was really fun, the salsa was decent, chips were fresh and wonderful, and my combination platter was very good. I got a cheese enchilada, a chile relleno, a bean tostada... I think that's all what was on there.

I had a wonderful conversation with a single retiree lady at the next table, a transplant from New Jersey, who couldn't say enough nice things about Tucson.

She had a bowl of vegetable soup the size of her head, and said it was amazingly good.

I'll be back! Next I want to try El Charro, Guadalajara Grill, and I'll have to go back through this thread for the next ones after that.

I can't get over how good the guacamole was, really!

Everyone cross your toes for us - we'll hear what Raytheon is offering my husband salary-wise this week, and that will determine if we're moving to Tucson or not. I sure hope we are.
Glad to hear you enjoyed Mi Nidito, Ginny. Hopefully all will work out for your hubby at Raytheon, so you guys can finally know about Tucson!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson