Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:01 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,313,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Good Luck

and, by the way, AVOID Sierra's "hood" if at all possible.

! ! ! ! ! !
I've also noticed that Sierra wears a "HOOD"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 11:43 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,908,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
I've also noticed that Sierra wears a "HOOD"!
Lime green is the color of the East gang.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:56 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,313,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Lime green is the color of the East gang.
Yeah? Lime Green makes yer eyes POP, don't it?

Old 03-08-2009, 05:18 PM

68 posts, read 209,220 times
If you are from New York you will not think Tucson is big or that you have a HUGE commute anywhere. The "ghetto" here is a joke. You can live in any part of Tucson and be fine. If you have a family I would suggest Rancho Sahuarita. If you like to go out and do things STAY central. I don't care what anyone else on here says, do not make the mistake I did and move anywhere BUT Central if you actually like to do things- movies, dinner, bars, etc. I was told to stay away from this place and that place, it's all ridiculous nonsense. The people in Central are much easier to get along with too.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:30 PM

4 posts, read 10,323 times
If I can actually move out there, I also want to continue pursuing a college degree at the University of Arizona. Having said that, would it be too far of a commute from Oro Valley and that area? Or would it be smarter to try to find something closer to the school?

Old 03-09-2009, 04:37 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,733,191 times
Oro Valley would be a good 30-45 minute commute at least depending on traffic. You might want to look between River Road and Orange Grove, La Canada to 1st Ave area. A good balance of much closer to the Uof A but still a lot of activity nearby, shopping, restaurants etc. First Ave changes into Euclid which goes by the west side of the campus.

Rick

Old 03-09-2009, 05:07 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,537,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilblue1922 View Post
If I can actually move out there, I also want to continue pursuing a college degree at the University of Arizona. Having said that, would it be too far of a commute from Oro Valley and that area? Or would it be smarter to try to find something closer to the school?
Oro Valley wouldn't be too bad mainly because your classes would or could have flexible hours and you would be avoiding the rush hours.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:53 PM

4 posts, read 10,323 times
I appreciate the feedback so far....I would love to move out there as soon as possible. Has the Tucson area seen the same slow down and unemployment rates as the rest of the country? I feel like finding a decnt paying job is going to be extremely difficult anytime soon.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:11 AM

3 posts, read 5,004 times
hi,

arizona national golf club is great and there are houses there on the golf course. it is next to the catalina mountains on the northeast side of tucson in the tanque verde valley.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:34 AM

987 posts, read 1,110,938 times
Where you move to could depend on your budget also. Oro Valley is very pricey as far as homes and apartments go. I am quite poor and live in a mobile home park in southwest Tucson. I've never been robbed or accosted but that could happen anywhere anytime. I do regret moving here at times because of the drive, especially to points north and east, there is only one freeway and it strictly goes north and south, no good way to get east from the west side except through a ton of traffic. If I could do it over again, I would try to find something nearest the center of town/University area. There are much more activities up that way and then it is a bit less time to travel anywhere else in the city. One of these years the exits/entrances to/from the freeway through the majority of the city will be open again. sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson